TM1 + SharePoint ??

armas

TM1 + SharePoint ??

Post by armas »

Does anyone know if this is possible...maybe just creating our Excel reports with TM1 formulas then load them into SharePoint server and see the report, use filter, etc etc....or am I totally asking too much??
George Regateiro
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Re: TM1 + SharePoint ??

Post by George Regateiro »

The best we have done is use the URL API to display websheets in sharepoint.

Though sharepoint allows you to upload excels and display them through the Excel Services they have the caveat that "add-ins" might or might not work and thus are not supported.

The API model is not ideal either since you have to use the page viewer web part which has sizing issues. The best bet would be to have prebuilt web parts, but that does not look to be on anyones radar.
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

I do not know if it is available in 9.4, but I have seen some screenshots from the TM1 development team playing around with TM1 and Sharepoint. If it is not here now, it will be in the future. Doesn't help you now, but good to know... I suppose.

Is sharepoint as good as the hype?
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

As good as the hype?

I think it has a lot of potential, but it is a fairly new offering for MS. There are alot of areas that need work. It has a poor wiki tool, poor intergation to the desktop (Office 07 is great, just not everything else). Security seems very cumbersome to me, and security reporting is even worse. There is alot more that needs to be done to make it a real time collaboration tool.

It has a good foundation, but I think that it has gotten all the hype because of the ease in which you can get a very simple portal up and running quickly. I dont beleive it is set up well for large scale growth in its current form.

But all of this is just my opinion.