Upgrade to 9.1

Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Upgrade to 9.1

Post by Michel Zijlema »

I have a customer who wants to upgrade to version 9.1 because they want to use EV version 9.4. What is the most reliable 9.1 version available? 9.1.3Ux?

Michel
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Upgrade to 9.1

Post by jim wood »

9.1.3 U2
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Michel Zijlema wrote:I have a customer who wants to upgrade to version 9.1 because they want to use EV version 9.4. What is the most reliable 9.1 version available? 9.1.3Ux?

Michel
Huh... the notification e-mails are a touch slow this morning, I only just received the ones for the two posts in this thread.

I was told on the 17th of last month that 9.1 SP4 should be out Real Soon Now, most likely by the end of that month. And yet here we are, on the 9th of October.

I therefore hesitate to recommend waiting for vapourware.

We're still on the version that's on the download site for Web, which I believe is U0. It works fine for that, but does have the known bug of crashing if you run 2 chores at the same time. (Not an issue with our current web installation, but it does mean that I can't move my production version to it.) I believe that this is fixed in the U2 that Jim referred to, though you need to get it directly from support; it's not on the site for download.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ScottW »

I would have said the best 9.1 to go with is 9.1 SP4.

As far as I'm aware it has been "released" it is certainly available from the IBM https site and has been for some weeks. Why there's no link to it from the Cognos product downloads site no idea.

My understanding is that 9.1 SP4 is basically 9.1SP3 U2 with all the subsequent hot fixes bundled in (including finally resolution of aliases going sporadically haywire which has been with us for quite a few versions.)
Attachments
Release_Notes_TM1_9_1_SP4.pdf
(251.33 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

ScottW wrote:I would have said the best 9.1 to go with is 9.1 SP4.

As far as I'm aware it has been "released" it is certainly available from the IBM https site and has been for some weeks. Why there's no link to it from the Cognos product downloads site no idea.

My understanding is that 9.1 SP4 is basically 9.1SP3 U2 with all the subsequent hot fixes bundled in (including finally resolution of aliases going sporadically haywire which has been with us for quite a few versions.)
Not much point having something "released" if no-one is told about it.

I did get a communication from IBM this morning following my post telling me where it could be obtained, and that it would be on the web site Real Soon Now. I'm still reading through the release notes.

I'm not sure that I'd go straight to it, though, given the fact that no-one has had time to test it out yet except possibly anyone who had already stumbled upon its existence somehow.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
ScottW
Regular Participant

Post by ScottW »

I did get a communication from IBM this morning following my post telling me where it could be obtained
... well it's good to know that there is some IBM presence here and that the Sergeant is patrolling, even if not posting.
I'm not sure that I'd go straight to it, though
For any organisation already on 9.1.x or on a confirmed migration to 9.1 from a prior version I would beg to differ as many of the issues with prior 9.1 releases have been ironed out. If your TM1 platform is 9.1 then (at least as of now) 9.1.4 would be the logical choice. If you have a bomb proof and mission critical application on 8.4 or 9.0 or the like and are tentative about upgrading then that's a different matter ...
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

ScottW wrote:
I'm not sure that I'd go straight to it, though
For any organisation already on 9.1.x or on a confirmed migration to 9.1 from a prior version I would beg to differ as many of the issues with prior 9.1 releases have been ironed out. If your TM1 platform is 9.1 then (at least as of now) 9.1.4 would be the logical choice. If you have a bomb proof and mission critical application on 8.4 or 9.0 or the like and are tentative about upgrading then that's a different matter ...
Because it's not like we've ever seen them introduce NEW critical bugs into a release which supposedly fixes existing ones. {Cough} Often.

Unless you've been testing 9.1 SP4 yourself over the last few weeks?
-----------
ScottW
Regular Participant

Post by ScottW »

I did somehow know that you wouldn't be able to resist the bait :lol:
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

ScottW wrote:I did somehow know that you wouldn't be able to resist the bait :lol:
Well when you paint a bullseye that big... :D

The question remains, though... have you actually been running it? I suspect that not too many people have been aware of its existence, and it'd be useful to know whether / who / how many have tried it in either a dev or production environment.
-----------
Martin Erlmoser
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

9.1 Sp3 U2 HF2
bihints.com
Version: 9.0.3
Excel Version: 2003

Post by bihints.com »

I tried 9.1.30204.139 U2 HF4 on a test server.
It does fix quite a few issues, but the ACTIVE flag for logged users is still missing in the }ClientProperties cube, however that is considered to be a minor issue.