TM1 9.4?

kbogies
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1sp4 64x
Excel Version: 2003

TM1 9.4?

Post by kbogies »

Hi all,
Has anyone had good or bad experiences to report on version 9.4?

Thanks,
Katie
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4

Re: TM1 9.4?

Post by Eric »

http://forums.olapforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=208

Here is a post about 9.4. No one has implemented it in production to my knowledge. I think everyone is waiting for the first patch before even considering it.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
rodrigo
OLAP Product: TM1, Executive Viewer
Version: 9.4 MR1 with FP3

Post by rodrigo »

I believe that the possibility of going to 9.4 and a no way back to previous versions, is a "No" right now for our projects, Why this new feature? We had troubles when 9.1 appeared, and now?
Also one of my excel bar graphic didnt work at first sight..

:(

Regards
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

rodrigo wrote:I believe that the possibility of going to 9.4 and a no way back to previous versions, is a "No" right now for our projects, Why this new feature? We had troubles when 9.1 appeared, and now?
Do you mean "why is there no going back"?

I believe that it's because they changed the underlying data storage to Unicode, presumably to allow TM1 to expand into Asian markets in particular where a more expansive character set is needed.

Once you convert, though, there's no going back.

This is another reason why I suspect that most initial installations of 9.4 will be people who have never used TM1 before and don't know of the, er, "excitement" that can be expected from a Service Pack 0 release. I'd happily whack it on a test server if I had one to spare, but it'll be a spell before it hits production.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

I might dig an old box out of the attic to test 9.4 but we will not be upgrading any time soon from 9.1. I don't think it has anything within it that is driving us towards it,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

Started using it for demos. very limited testing so far.

Big irritation is if you are logged on to a 9.4 TM1 server and open a multi sheet workbook, each sheet will be opened in turn, weird and can make you feal queasy if done after lunch!
Kerry372
Version: 9.4

Post by Kerry372 »

I just had the same issue when I opened a multisheet workbook on the server. I noticed autocalc was on when I opened it. I killed the workbook without saving changes (so I didn't save it with autocalc on). Then, I turned off autocalc, reopened the workbook and pressed F9. It calculated without cycling through the sheets. For a test, I closed the workbook, turned on autocalc and reopened it. With autocalc turned on, the workbook calculated and then started cycling through the sheets again.

Do you know if Cognos aware of this? I have another ticket into them that is supposed to be resolved in a January release (see Bugs). Maybe they'll fix this by then too.
Kerry Pollock
IBM Certified Devoloper - Cognos TM1
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

Kerry
This was reported and, I think, has been passed to engineering as a bug