Release of TM1 9.5.1

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Release of TM1 9.5.1

Post by Alan Kirk »

Iboglix has now released 9.5.1. A list of the many and varied packages that make up the download can be found at:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg24026125

Documentation can be downloaded from:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27017272

Significant points from the Read Me:
* They've reversed their previous policy on the In Spreadsheet Browser (ISB):
As of TM1® 9.5.1, In-Spreadsheet Browser (ISB) support is classified as "compatible" which provides full support of existing functionality. Exploring TM1 data in Microsoft Excel while in writeback mode is valued by IBM and continued support is planned for this functionality.
* On the other hand, Workflow is on death row but will be replaced by "alternative... functionality" in a future release.

* IE6 will be deprecated in the next major release of TM1.

* A big one... there is now support for Windows 7 and Server 2008.

From the New Features chapter:
The following features were introduced in this release.

IBM Cognos TM1 Package Connector
The IBM® Cognos® TM1® Package Connector is optional software that allows you to import SAPbased and other OLAP and dimensionally modeled sources into TM1. See "Importing Data using the IBM Cognos TM1 Package Connector" in the IBM® Cognos® TM1®Operation Guide.

Instructions for installing the TM1 Package Connector are found in the Installation Guide.

Personal Workspace and Sandbox Writeback Modes
IBM® Cognos® TM1® offers different ways to handle the writeback of data to the server. Writeback modes can be enabled across the server, then targeted to specific user groups with the Capability Assignments interface. Administrators can set the writeback modes to offer a Personal Workspace, to allow users to create and name multiple Sandboxes, to maintain the classic TM1 direct writeback mode. See TM1 Writeback Mode and Sandboxes in the User Guide for more details.

Capability Assignments
Certain configuration parameters that can be set on a per user basis can be managed using the Capability Assignments interface. Only Administrators have access to this option. See "User Capabilities" in the Operations Guide.

Job Queuing
An administrator can turn on the ability to process sandbox submissions using a Job Queue. This feature allows other server work to proceed until resources are obtained for sandbox calculations. The Job Queue can be monitored and submissions can be canceled. See "Job Queuing" in the IBM® Cognos® TM1User Guide for more details.

Transaction Log Performance Enhancements
Three new features have improved Transaction Log performance:
LogReleaseLineCount
The TM1s.cfg parameter LogReleaseLineCount sets the line limit for transaction Log searches before the lock is temporarily released so other activity can proceed. See "Remote Server Operations" in the IBM® Cognos® TM1®Operations Guide for more information.
UNDO
Performance enhancements have been made to the UNDO feature. See "The Transaction Log File" in the Programming Concepts chapter of the IBM Cognos TM1API Guide.
Cancel
You can now cancel a long transaction log search. See "Viewing the Transaction Log" in the Operations Guide for more information.

Persistent Feeders
Cubes with feeders can now store their feeders into a .feeders file which can be used to significantly improve cube load times. See "Persistent Feeders" in the IBM® Cognos® TM1 Rules Guide.

Websheet and Paging
Although not a new feature, IBM® Cognos® TM1® Websheet performance has been enhanced in this release:
● Large Websheet processing has been significantly improved.
● Paging now encompasses calculation.
This sticky will self-destruct in 30 days.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
IanB
OLAP Product: TM1 SSAS
Version: 9.5,10.2
Excel Version: 2010 2013 2016

Re: Release of TM1 9.5.1

Post by IanB »

Interesting? new feature - the 951 installation adds a new folder Trui, containing transui_dll.dll.
This appears to be connected with Cognos Transformer

Both TM1 Architect and the Excel Addin complain if it is missing

IanB
rollo19
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by rollo19 »

Has anyone tried the package connector? Using Cognos DMR FM packages built over our DW might save me some lines of SQL/time to prototype things
UPDATED
TI; Unexpectedly crashes TM1 server when editing SQL with Oracle 11G client - two things to stop that from happening:
1) ODBC settings - Enable Closing Cursors option on the Application tab when configuring the DSN
2) Don't load Unicode

While we're on it - support for Windows 2008.. Can anyone offer some justification for moving to Win 08 R2 64 from Win 03 R2 64 for a TM1 server?
Last edited by rollo19 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Post by rkaif »

Just want to clarify something which I faced recently:

TM1 9.5.1 TM1 can not be installed on standard Windows 2008. It need Windows 2008 R2 (Realease 2) 64-bit. with latest Service Packs.

If you will try to install TM1 (with TM1Web) you will get an Error "Internal Error 27555". See the attached screen shot.
Attachments
TM1 9.5.1 installation error on Windows 2008
TM1 9.5.1 installation error on Windows 2008
TM1_Installation_Error.jpg (10 KiB) Viewed 17136 times
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
rollo19

Post by rollo19 »

There is this Cognos 8 guide on configuring IIS 7 if that might be your issue??
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21381516
rkaif
Community Contributor

Post by rkaif »

Rollo19,

IBM Support has advised me that TM1 9.5.1 TM1 can not be installed on standard Windows 2008. It need Windows 2008 R2 (Realease 2) 64-bit. with latest Service Packs.

According to IBM support if you are on Windows 2008 then the only option is to upgrade the OS to Win 2008 R2 or to get on Win 2003. I have not tried your suggestion...who knows may be it works :P
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
MikeMarr
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by MikeMarr »

Rkaif -
I also got internal error 27555 but with a different folder, C:\aspdir\TM1web\. I noticed my C: drive was amost full so I installed to another drive and it worked with no other changes.
Food for thought.
Mike
rollo19

Post by rollo19 »

Hi Rizwan
Our current Dev environment is 9.5.1 on Win 03 R2 64bit. Issues;
- Contributor; inactive web page (initialize ok, login and CA web page does nothing) - probably due to something I did or failed to do on upgrade &
- Architect; on the odd occasion, advanced rules editor crashes for no apparent reason - both in the Win 03 environment and Win 7 64 bit
Otherwise 9.5.1 performs well so far & server start up time is fast!

Also have 9.5.1 with Contributor running on my Win 7 64 laptop with no issues.

I have plans to build a fresh Dev environment in Win 08 R2 64 - will let you know how that performs. Is it running ok for you?

Once happy with Dev, it will be time to clone to Prod, integrate Cognos 8 security, deliver Contributor through the C8.4.1 portal and expose a cube built for C8 Analysis Studio users.

Cheers
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

I don't know whether this is general knowledge or not, but apparently there is a specific procedure that you have to follow in upgrading 9.5 Contributor to version 9.5.1. (I haven't tried this, since I've yet to use Contributor.)

The details will be found here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... RXT&mync=E
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
rkaif
Community Contributor

Post by rkaif »

Guys,

Looks like this discussion is getting interesting. Alan you should keep this discussion on the forum, instead of destructing it. It may help others.

The Error "Internal Error 27555" with parameter 87 was only due to the incorrect Operating System. It was not related to the Disk space. Being a new server, I had Gigs of extra disk space.

The client has now upgraded to Windows 2008 R2 and I was able to install TM1 9.5.1. This is a fresh install and is not an upgrade from a previous TM1 version.

During the installation of TM1 9.5.1 on Windows 2008 R2, it was not accepting my Domain user/password and I got error "Access is denied". I then figured out that you have to start TM1 SETUP as an Administrator. Right click on the SETUP.EXE and select "Run as Administrator".

Hope it helps!
Attachments
TM1 9.5.1 install error on Windows 2008 R2
TM1 9.5.1 install error on Windows 2008 R2
TM19.5.1_Install Error.jpg (37.08 KiB) Viewed 16800 times
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

rkaif wrote:Guys,

Looks like this discussion is getting interesting. Alan you should keep this discussion on the forum, instead of destructing it. It may help others.
Neither the post nor the thread will be lost; it's just that it's "sticky" position at the top of the forum was set to expire in 30 days.
rkaif wrote:During the installation of TM1 9.5.1 on Windows 2008 R2, it was not accepting my Domain user/password and I got error "Access is denied". I then figured out that you have to start TM1 SETUP as an Administrator. Right click on the SETUP.EXE and select "Run as Administrator".
That's a good and sometimes overlooked point. I've found that under Vista and later era OS's (Vista, 7, Server 2008) with most productivity software at least it's wise to run the install as Administrator to avoid curious and ill-documented side effects when you go to use it. I've also found this with Visual Studio, SQL Server and some others.
-----------
rollo19

Post by rollo19 »

Thanks Alan - that's a useful guide. Sometimes it's difficult to re-initialize Contributor (can't connect to TM1 server I've taken down) or I don't want to save and import the old Contributor model but start afresh so it can be as easy to :
- run through steps 4-12 of that guide, and
- run }tp_admin_delete_all.pro in TM1 to clean out the Contributor guff
- initialize

Our Contributor issue (inactive, dead, dormant Contributor Admin web page) turned out to be Apache Tomcat looking to the wrong instance of JRE (we had both 32bit & 64bit) - removed the 32bit JRE, re-installed Tomcat (picked up 64bit JRE), re-created Contributor WAR files and good to go again.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

A new document has been posted to the Proven Practices section of the IBM DeveloperWorks site. It deals with the installation of 9.5 with special mention of Contributor. It may be worthwhile taking a look at if you encounter problems with that:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... ge494.html
-----------
maxter
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1.5

Post by maxter »

Hi, All!

Few recommedations from my practice to avoid 27555 Internal Error:

1. Be sure that you user Windows 2003/2008 R2 release and only R2 release
2. Be sure that you already install IIS and ASP.Net components
----------------------------------
http://www.maxter.kiev.ua
laenen
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by laenen »

I am not sure up R2 is the solution to the error
Ganos Lal
Version: TM1 11
Excel Version: 2019 + 365

Post by Ganos Lal »

This thread is some days old, but possible this solution help someone ;)

TM1 Web works on Server2008, if you install the "IIS 6 Management Compatibility" in the Server Manager Web Server Role.

Greets Lal
End of time.
viswaraju
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM COGNOS TM1

Post by viswaraju »

Hi Team,
I am facing " Internal error 27555 .C:\aspdir\TM1web\,The parameter is incorrect.87," on windows 7 enterprise operating system and it is 64 bit.

In the post it was with 2003/2008 R2 servers, but in my case it is windows 7 Enterprise OS.

Help me.

Thanking you

TM1 9.5.2
Excel 2007
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

It seems that the forum search function must be broken again, otherwise I'm sure you would have had no issues finding this thread. Windows 7 is not a supported OS for the TM1 server software.
Kamil Arendt
viswaraju
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM COGNOS TM1

Post by viswaraju »

Hi Qml,
It is not for server but for client.

Thanking you
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

viswaraju wrote:Hi Qml,
It is not for server but for client.
Think about it a little further:
C:\aspdir\TM1web\
Since when does a client installation try to install TM1 Web on the machine?

Re-check your installation settings and change them so that client is all it is installing.
-----------