Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Can't save excel files when connected to tm1

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

Hi,
anybody else encountered a problem like:

sometimes when connected to the tm1server the Excel "Save as... and Save" Button is greyed out or just don't work?

could someone reproduce this issue? in the environment where we have this problem it cames up once a week or so..
they often use Excel with the tm1 and hyperion addin loaded.

9.1 SP3, Excel 2003 SP2

of course the solution is - restart the tm1client & excel .. but sometime this bug cause the loss of data so some people get very angry because of this client issue.

martin
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Can't save excel files when connected to tm1

Post by Alan Kirk »

Martin Erlmoser wrote:Hi,
anybody else encountered a problem like:

sometimes when connected to the tm1server the Excel "Save as... and Save" Button is greyed out or just don't work?

could someone reproduce this issue? in the environment where we have this problem it cames up once a week or so..
they often use Excel with the tm1 and hyperion addin loaded.

9.1 SP3, Excel 2003 SP2

of course the solution is - restart the tm1client & excel .. but sometime this bug cause the loss of data so some people get very angry because of this client issue.

martin
I haven't encountered it, no... but I do suggest that you upgrade to Office 2003 SP3. I can't find any specific issue in the SP3 release notes that covers this, although there's one that might, possibly, be related:
Consider the following scenario. You try to save a workbook that contains a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications project in Excel 2003. This workbook was opened from a mapped drive location. In this scenario, the workbook is not saved. Additionally, you receive the following error message: Document cannot be saved.
In any case, 2003 SP3 is what we've been using when working with 9.1 SP3, and we've yet to have any serious problems with it.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.