Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Error Saving Dimension - No Write Rights

Post by Ajay »

Hi All,

Currently experiencing an issue on 9.0 whereby when I try to save a dimension worksheet, I am getting the "Error Updating Dimension - No Write Rights".

I am logged in as ADMIN and the file in the data directory is being date and time stamped as normal however the DIM in TM1 is not updating.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Ajay
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Error Saving Dimension - No Write Rights

Post by Alan Kirk »

Ajay wrote:Hi All,

Currently experiencing an issue on 9.0 whereby when I try to save a dimension worksheet, I am getting the "Error Updating Dimension - No Write Rights".

I am logged in as ADMIN and the file in the data directory is being date and time stamped as normal however the DIM in TM1 is not updating.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Ajay
I thought this one sounded familiar; there was an instance of this in the old Forum that might be worth checking:

http://applixforum.olapforums.com/viewP ... ghts#73221
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Ajay
Regular Participant
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Error Saving Dimension - No Write Rights

Post by Ajay »

You were indeed correct Alan.

I had inadvertently locked the dimension within the element security. I spotted this by chance as it was the only dimension flagged with my name against it as the security owner within the server explorer window. I unlocked it and hey presto were back in business. I almost had IT requesting tape backups from offsite etc etc.

I have learned my lesson and passed on my learnings to fledgling admins in the team.

Many thanks for the help.

Ajay