Combine ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet and ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet

Boas
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.8
Excel Version: MS 365

Combine ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet and ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet

Post by Boas »

Hi everybody,

I want to export a view containing all leaf cells - including strings on consolidated level! Since the TI is supposed to work for various cubes, I define the source view in the prolog. The cube comes in by parameter and the source view is created in the prolog and deleted in the epilog.
In the prolog it comes to the point where I set the view parameters:

ViewExtractSkipZeroesSet(csCube,csView,1); # I do not need the zero values
ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet(csCube,csView,1); # I am not interested in sums
ViewExtractSkipRuleValuesSet(csCube,csView,0); # I do want rule-calculated values on the leaf-level
ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet(csCube,csView,0); # I do want to export string values on consolidated level

My problem is, that in the export I do not have the string values on consolidated level. It looks like ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet(csCube,csView,1) "cancels" the ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet(csCube,csView,0). The combination of both view parameters does not work as I hoped/thought.

How can I achive my aim?

Sure, I can set ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet to 0, and skip consolidated cells in the Data-Tab. But this prolongs the runtime, which I try to keep as short as possible.

Any other ideas?

I will be grateful for any answer.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Combine ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet and ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet

Post by tomok »

According to the documentation, the behavior you are seeing is the expected outcome. If you skip consolidated values via ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet then you are not going to be able to see any string values from those intersections in your view. The only options I know of would be to 1) not skip consolidated cells in the original view (possibly a significant hit on performance depending on how large the cube is) or 2) split the TI process into two, one to do the data and another to do the strings.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Boas
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.8
Excel Version: MS 365

Re: Combine ViewExtractSkipConsolidatedStringsSet and ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet

Post by Boas »

Hi Tom,

thank you very much for your quick answer!
At least I know now, that there is no simpler way to go. I will try your second proposal, guessing it has less impact on the performance.

Thanks again!