OLAP Product: IBM PAW
Version: Unknown
Excel Version: 365

CCL Runtime Error Argument Value is not >= 0

Post by raeldor »

Hi All,

Unable to refresh contents of widget
CCL Runtime Error. Argument value -9223372036854775616 is not >= 0

We are getting this error when refreshing a review after doing some data manipulation in TI. We suspect it's an data error (as it's not happening on all selections of data) causing a problem with a rule calculation, but the error is so cryptic we've no idea what's causing it.

What is CCL? Is this the TM1 calculation engine? Is there any way to get a more meaningful message that might help us pinpoint the data issue? I checked the TM1 message log, but there's nothing at all.

Thanks
Ray
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: CCL Runtime Error Argument Value is not >= 0

Post by Alan Kirk »

raeldor wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 am Hi All,

Unable to refresh contents of widget
CCL Runtime Error. Argument value -9223372036854775616 is not >= 0

We are getting this error when refreshing a review after doing some data manipulation in TI. We suspect it's an data error (as it's not happening on all selections of data) causing a problem with a rule calculation, but the error is so cryptic we've no idea what's causing it.

What is CCL? Is this the TM1 calculation engine? Is there any way to get a more meaningful message that might help us pinpoint the data issue? I checked the TM1 message log, but there's nothing at all.

Thanks
Ray
I can't can't be 100% certain that this is the cause of your problem because after all:

Me ===============> Barge pole > {Several light years of empty space} > The piece of Shi...oftware Known As Planning Analytics Workspace,

but if your version is less than 2.0.59 then I suggest that you check this link and upgrade. (I know that the error message isn't identical, but clearly the same component is involved.)

Edit: Actually, while upgrading to the latest version of PAW is still recommended because the gods know that bugs are not unknown... this may not be a PAW error, but may indeed be a data issue. The number shown above is within 192 of the minimum negative value of a 64 bit signed integer, and I doubt that's a coincidence. I'd be looking to see what values are feeding into the widget.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
raeldor
OLAP Product: IBM PAW
Version: Unknown
Excel Version: 365

Re: CCL Runtime Error Argument Value is not >= 0

Post by raeldor »

I appreciate the reply, and it's nice to know we're not the only ones feeling the pain. :D

I'm suspecting that this is not even calc related, but is just masking a timeout. If I move the grid to another tab and refresh it separately afterwards the error does not even appear. Software development with PAW feels like trying to build a house of cards sometimes.