CAM ID - How to change LDAP infos without new CAMID

HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

CAM ID - How to change LDAP infos without new CAMID

Post by HighKeys »

Hi,

its not directly a TM1 question, but i hope its ok to post it here..

In our company we use ApacheDS as LDAP for Cognos CA and use CAM security to sso into TM1.

Now our company has some changes in the unit structure and we want to correct namings and Unit Numbers in the LDAP, this ends with a new generated CAM ID and new users for everyone in the system. So all private Views etc are gone for the users, i know i could copy it on the server to make them available again but i was wondering if we messed up our mapping or if its a normal behavior?

Any idea or tip for me how we can achieve this without create new users (new CAM ID) copy everything on the server and delete the old user, or is this already best practice?

Thanks for your help!

BR
Last edited by HighKeys on Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: CAM ID - How to change LDAP infos without new CAMID

Post by tomok »

HighKeys wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:56 pm Hi,

its not directly a TM1 question, but i hope its ok to post it here..

In our company we use ApacheDS as LDAP for Cognos CA and use CAM security to sso into TM1.

Now our company has some changes in the unit structure and we want to correct namings and Unit Numbers in the LDAP, this ends with a new generated CAM ID and new users for everyone in the system. So all private Views etc are gone for the users, i know i could copy it on the server to make them available again but i was wondering if we messed up our mapping or if its a normal behavior?

Any idea or tip for me how we can archive this without create new users (new CAM ID) copy everything on the server and delete the old user, or is this already best practice?
Sorry, I don't know how to keep from having to create new users but I can tell you that private views and subsets are kept in a folder under the Data directory with the same name as the value of the }TM1_DefaultDisplayValue attribute of the }clients dimension. If you can save this value and then just update that attribute of the new users with it then they will have access to all their previously saved views and subsets.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: CAM ID - How to change LDAP infos without new CAMID

Post by HighKeys »

tomok wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:05 pm Sorry, I don't know how to keep from having to create new users but I can tell you that private views and subsets are kept in a folder under the Data directory with the same name as the value of the }TM1_DefaultDisplayValue attribute of the }clients dimension. If you can save this value and then just update that attribute of the new users with it then they will have access to all their previously saved views and subsets.
Hi tomok!

thanks i think this is the way to go, i just was wondering about it, i'm correct with this:
  • Backup the folder containing all views etc from the users
  • Delete the Users from TM1
  • Copy the backup back to the data files (or do they stay as trash from deleted users?)
  • Tell them to login again
if i do changes interday while users login they get a ugly user name (i think cause the original was already taken from the old cam id) its like the old followed by CAMID(LDAP DN Path).

thanks for your help!