TM1 Web select many elements at the same time

pikolikoli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

TM1 Web select many elements at the same time

Post by pikolikoli »

Hello All,

I have a dimension in TM1 Web, which has more than 400 pages of elements as shown in this image :
https://ibb.co/xjgBfh3

I want to select all of them and drag them to the next selection tab at the left of the screen, so they can be displayed in the cube. I used Shift + Click like in excel or in TM1 Architect but it seems it is not working for Web.

Any idea how I can achieve this ?

Regards
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: TM1 Web select many elements at the same time

Post by ascheevel »

If you're trying to select 400+ elements from the left side and drag to the right, I'd say you're not using the subset editor in the best way in TM1Web. One thing I like to do when working with the TM1Web subset editor is to simply collapse the left side and work only in the right. Select the subset you want, or simply show all elements, and then do any filtering/searching all on the right side.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

ascheevel wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:45 pm If you're trying to select 400+ pages of elements from the left side and drag to the right, I'd say you're not using the subset editor in the best way in TM1Web.
:lol: That is an understatement if ever there was one.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
pikolikoli

Post by pikolikoli »

ascheevel wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:45 pm If you're trying to select 400+ elements from the left side and drag to the right, I'd say you're not using the subset editor in the best way in TM1Web. One thing I like to do when working with the TM1Web subset editor is to simply collapse the left side and work only in the right. Select the subset you want, or simply show all elements, and then do any filtering/searching all on the right side.
Thank you So much! I feel bad for not thinking about this :mrgreen: Thank you for opening my eyes :)
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

pikolikoli wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm ...I feel bad for not thinking about this :mrgreen: ...
There are many times in one's life to feel bad about something. Determining that a current method is suboptimal and seeking to better yourself by sharing your frustration and soliciting advice from an online community of users who may have experienced the same frustration is not one of them.
pikolikoli

Post by pikolikoli »

ascheevel wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:52 pm
pikolikoli wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm ...I feel bad for not thinking about this :mrgreen: ...
There are many times in one's life to feel bad about something. Determining that a current method is suboptimal and seeking to better yourself by sharing your frustration and soliciting advice from an online community of users who may have experienced the same frustration is not one of them.
You are totally right :D Thank youu