TM1 Web add Automatic Sheet Refresh

pikolikoli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

TM1 Web add Automatic Sheet Refresh

Post by pikolikoli »

Hello Forum,

I want to use an automatic refresh on a sheet in TM1 Web without using a refresh button. The sheet is a normal excel sheet not an active form, where you select values from dimensions then a launch button to launch a process.

Based on a selection of some dimensions, the other cells values should be updated automaticaly without a refresh.

What I did is I added TM1REBUILDOPTION in Name manager Set to 1. But it seem that it is not working with my drop down selection ( which also whenever I choose a value from the drop down some cells values should be updated automatically).

Is there a way to make a sheet recalculated automatically without a refresh button in TM1 Web ?

Thanks in Advance.
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TM1 Web add Automatic Sheet Refresh

Post by burnstripe »

How are you generating your selections, through subnm or data validation? If its subnm then as long as automatic recalc is on when you upload the application, tm1web should change when a selection is made.

If it's a data validation list then have a look at the tm1web config. There's a setting RecalcOnDataValidationChange which if set to true will trigger a recalc when a data validation is changed.

Similar option exists for picklists as well.

Once you've made the change the Web service will need a restart
pikolikoli

Post by pikolikoli »

burnstripe wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:43 pm How are you generating your selections, through subnm or data validation? If its subnm then as long as automatic recalc is on when you upload the application, tm1web should change when a selection is made.

If it's a data validation list then have a look at the tm1web config. There's a setting RecalcOnDataValidationChange which if set to true will trigger a recalc when a data validation is changed.

Similar option exists for picklists as well.

Once you've made the change the Web service will need a restart
Thank you for your help. I am using a calculation using data Validation where I have a condition if ( cell = 0; subnm ; show value of cell2)... I am wondering if there is any other solution that I can do so I dont have to change the config file ( Avoiding the restart as much as possible ).

Thank you
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by burnstripe »

As far as I'm aware that setting is the only way to get what you require. It forces a refresh when the data validation changes, without the parameter the user will need to trigger the refresh.

Only the tm1web service will need restarting following the config change in tm1web.config, nothing else. So generally takes 5-10 minutes.
pikolikoli

Post by pikolikoli »

burnstripe wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 pm As far as I'm aware that setting is the only way to get what you require. It forces a refresh when the data validation changes, without the parameter the user will need to trigger the refresh.

Only the tm1web service will need restarting following the config change in tm1web.config, nothing else. So generally takes 5-10 minutes.
Oh I see ..if it is the tm1web so no problem. Thank you very much for your help! :)