Old Pax add-ins keep coming back.

JavDawg69
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics for Watson
Version: 2.0.67.7
Excel Version: 365

Old Pax add-ins keep coming back.

Post by JavDawg69 »

Hello everyone - I'm upgrading to PAX 2.0.67.7 from Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel 11.0.57.4. I first uninstall the old version, download the 32-bit excel software for PAX 2.067.7, go to excel add-ins and disable the 2 add-ins and 1 COM add-in, install the new software from appropriate location where file is saved, enter my connection and I can login in and all works. When I close excel and open again I get the error message that reads " we couldn't find c\program files (x86)\ibm\cognos\IBM for Microsoft Office\CognosOfficeTM1.xll. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted". The problem is that folder no longer exists and the old TM1 add-ins keep reappearing.

Any recommendations on how to solve?

Thanks
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Old Pax add-ins keep coming back.

Post by burnstripe »

Open excel, ignore the message, navigate to excel options > addins, browse the addins, click on the old addin, it should say it can no longer be found and prompt you to delete it. Once deleted click OK, close excel, reopen again and map the new pax addin
JavDawg69
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics for Watson
Version: 2.0.67.7
Excel Version: 365

Post by JavDawg69 »

Thanks, I followed the steps as recommended and the old add-ins still reappeared.
erinbg
OLAP Product: TM1/PA
Version: PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by erinbg »

I had the same issue and no matter how many times I told excel to forget it, I kept getting that error message. I fixed it by deleting a couple of entries in my Registry Editor. Open your start menu, type "REGEDIT", and hit enter, then navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Excel\Options (your specific path might vary based on your version). I had two entries called "OPEN2" and "OPEN3" that were referencing the old CognosOfficeBI.xll and CognosOfficeTM1.xll files. Delete these and you should be good to go!