PAX Addin not displaying correctly

Lickkky
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

PAX Addin not displaying correctly

Post by Lickkky »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this before but I am having issues with the latest PAfe addin (2.0.67.7).
When adding the .xll addin to excel the display of the task bars show the background code instead of correct titles.

I have attached a screenshot of what the issue looks like. The version of excel is 2016 (64-bit).

Has anyone experienced this before ?

Thanks,
Attachments
PAX Addin.PNG
PAX Addin.PNG (38.54 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: PAX Addin not displaying correctly

Post by Paul Segal »

Yes. I had the same issue and this is what IBM Support told me:
Just talked to development, they said that the ribbon name issue is a known issue by them and they're trying to fix it ASAP. It's caused by a missing language folder that doesn't get extracted properly during the install. You can either try to delete the Office Connections folder and reinstall the add-in again, or to copy the language folder from a working environment to the broken one.
As for deleting the language folder to force a language, the developer said that with the new versions they don't handle the languages the same way as before, so they don't recommend this method and say that it can be unreliable. To ensure the correct language, you should use the desired region setting
I copied the language folder and it then worked.
Paul
Lickkky
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Lickkky »

Thanks Paul, that solved the problem!

Looks like the Language Resources folder and EULA folder did not have the files inside.

Thanks!
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

PAfE 2.0.68 seems to have a similar issue where the language resources are not updated and the ribbon show the incorrect caption for some items.

Go to the %LocalAppData%\Cognos\Office Connection\LanguageResources folder and rename it or clear the files then start Excel/the XLL again.