PAx and PAW - Not opening "default" View on default

KT13
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.9
Excel Version: Office 365

PAx and PAW - Not opening "default" View on default

Post by KT13 »

Hey there,

we have currently installed PAX and PAW/PAfE (V11.0.64.3) to work with TM1 (V2.0.9.9) and are facing one issue:

If I open a random cube in the new cube-viewer or as a report, PAX/PAW opens the first view of the alphanumeric sorted list below the selected Cube, not the default one.
Also I don't know, how to set a view as default in PAX/PAW, because of not finding a proper setting. In the Saving-Dialogue I only have the option to select, whether the view should be private or public. Saving a view named default, doesn't help.

Maybe I have to add, that the current default views were created via TM1-Architect. In Perspectives or Architect the default views are still working fine. Furthermore I have got admin-rights in TM1 and PAW.

Can you help me? Thank you.
Alea iacta est.
Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAx and PAW - Not opening "default" View on default

Post by Ajay »

Hi KT13

I seem to remember that this was the case when the conformance of the versions between PAfE and PAW was not close enough, in earlier releases.

I have installed PA 2.0.9.9, with PASS 2.0.64, PAfE 2.0.64 and PAW 2.0.64, and we do not see what you are seeing......all "Default" cube views are opened on double-clicking the cubes, as they used to with Perspectives. No config settings are required.

What version of PAW are you running out of interest ?

Ajay
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Believe this is fixed in the latest release of PAW / Pafe. There was a remaining narrow issue where I think if you had a private view it would open the private view in preference to the public default but I think that's been fixed too

To save a default, just enter Default as the object name, it is not an explicit option anymore. The fact it doesn't work is that the client doesn't respect the default view, not a problem with the saving of it.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
KT13
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by KT13 »

Thank you for your help!

@ Steve Rowe: FYI We are using 2.0.64.

We found a solution for the issue, it was no bug:
I have only tested views called "default" instead of "Default".
Unfortunately in this szenario it is case sensitive, while the overriting dialogue isn't, when saving a view. :roll:

To sum it up: If you call your view "Default" with a capital "D", everything seems to work properly.
Alea iacta est.