Merge Date Dimensions from different servers

M1ndbender
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.0
Excel Version: 365

Merge Date Dimensions from different servers

Post by M1ndbender »

I am building a dashboard with multiple visualizations. All of the visualization but 1 use the same date dimension. The other visualization uses a different date dimension as it comes from a different server but the values are identical.

Is there a way to merge or pass a parameter through so that I can have 1 date dimension that controls the entire dashboard?

Thanks
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Merge Date Dimensions from different servers

Post by Steve Rowe »

Assuming you are using PAW widgets then I don't think you can synchronise different dimensions with the same content.

You could probably figure a clunky way of doing the sync using a TI though getting it to be multi-user might be a challenge / impossible.

If you use excel then all things are possible, you can then publish to PAW via TM1 Web.

Depending on volumes the easiest thing muight be to mirror the other server data on to the reporting server with the right dimension. If volumes are too high maybe you could reduce the scope to just the reporting window?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi

A possible solution is

Add a Web Sheet to the PAW book

Sync to the Date Dimension on that.

Put a SUBNM on that for the Date2 Dimension where the element parameter references the currently selected Date Dimenstion element's SUBNM

Sync your other PAW Grid that uses the Date2 Dimension to the Date2 SUBNM in the workbook.

Regards

Paul
M1ndbender

Post by M1ndbender »

do you know where I can get more detail on this. It sounds interesting but also over my head :)
M1ndbender

Post by M1ndbender »

ok I got somewhere but am a bit confused. I created a sheet in PAX with 2 subnms. One pointing to one dimension and the other referencing the other.

It works in PAX and in TM1 but when I add it to PAQ as a websheet the second subnm does not populate. The visualizations connected to the primary dimension refresh perfectly from the websheet but the others based off of the second dimension still do not refresh.

Any thoughts on what I might have done wrong to make the second subnm now show in PAW? I attached an image of what the websheet looks like in PAW and PAX

Thanks
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.11 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
M1ndbender

Post by M1ndbender »

Is there maybe a way to do this with MDX? Referencing the value in the initial subset?
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

M1ndbender wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:52 pm Is there maybe a way to do this with MDX? Referencing the value in the initial subset?
Possibly - try play with generate - something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

{GENERATE(
{[DIM1].[<element>]},
{STRTOMEMBER("[DIM2].[" +  [DIM1].CurrentMember.Name + "]")}
)}