Opening websheet in new tab in TM1Web (not browser)

kaazimraza
OLAP Product: TM1, SSAS, Power BI
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Opening websheet in new tab in TM1Web (not browser)

Post by kaazimraza »

Hi everyone,
We are evaluating Planning Analytics Local 2.0.9.1 in test environment, while our production is on 2.0.4. We have links to various websheets that are accessed by action buttons.

In production, upon clicking an action button, the websheet is opened in a new tab within TM1Web in the same browser window. However, in test, we have noticed that clicking the same action button opens the websheet in the same window. The option to replace the current worksheet is unchecked, so I'd expect TM1Web to open it in a new tab.
worksheet-action-button-properties
worksheet-action-button-properties
tm1-excel-template-action-button-properties-websheet.png (26.8 KiB) Viewed 3223 times
Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I couldn't spot any difference in the config files except for test & prod servers' name.

I'm keen to find a solution and get the websheets to open in a new tab within TM1Web otherwise I will have to update loads and loads of Excel files to give the 'back' functionality. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Kaz
Thanks,

Kaz
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Opening websheet in new tab in TM1Web (not browser)

Post by declanr »

Are the users able to manually open 2 tabs at the same time? If not it could be the hidetabbar option is set in either the config file or the }clientsettings cube.
Declan Rodger
kaazimraza

Post by kaazimraza »

Hi Declan,
They are able to open two different browser tabs, and navigate to say sheet 1 and sheet2 respectively. Is that what you meant?
Thanks
Kaz
Thanks,

Kaz
kaazimraza

Post by kaazimraza »

declanr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:50 pm Are the users able to manually open 2 tabs at the same time? If not it could be the hidetabbar option is set in either the config file or the }clientsettings cube.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here. I have managed to resolve it by specifying this config parameter explicitly & setting it to false, and that got the sheets to open in new tab. My prod still opens the sheets in new tab without explicitly specifying this parameter.

Thanks
Kaz
Thanks,

Kaz
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

That's an interesting one.
I am 99% sure the setting used to just disable the users ability to see multiple tabs, so that they wouldn't have been able to click back and forth between two.
But it still opened multiple tabs in the background (as long as the "replace" option in the action button wasn't ticked) so if you closed the visible tab you would then be back at your previous one.

Based on you saying that users could open two tabs anyway and you also adding that setting it to false does cause a new tab to open, it suggests the behaviour of this functionality has changed a bit.
But at least you can manage to get it to do what you need!
Declan Rodger