CCC scheduled tasks failing on Cloud

gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

CCC scheduled tasks failing on Cloud

Post by gtonkin »

Not sure how many people are running Cognos Command Center but had our tasks failing since Saturday after IBM carried out some scheduled maintenance.

When running the tasks scheduled or manual, in CCC, the 1st step to test TM1 Server connectivity failed with "Task disappeared".
Subsequent steps would not execute either. Our TM1Login.txt file that records logins via the Log4J logger showed a successful login for the automation user.

Turns out that the IBM maintenance on Saturday changed something that required new certificates to fix. We have no idea what changes they implemented and were not advised of any impacts of this update on associated systems/software.

This article describes the steps required and includes the certificates to be applied.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: CCC scheduled tasks failing on Cloud

Post by tomok »

gtonkin wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:27 am Not sure how many people are running Cognos Command Center but had our tasks failing since Saturday after IBM carried out some scheduled maintenance.

When running the tasks scheduled or manual, in CCC, the 1st step to test TM1 Server connectivity failed with "Task disappeared".
Subsequent steps would not execute either. Our TM1Login.txt file that records logins via the Log4J logger showed a successful login for the automation user.

Turns out that the IBM maintenance on Saturday changed something that required new certificates to fix. We have no idea what changes they implemented and were not advised of any impacts of this update on associated systems/software.

This article describes the steps required and includes the certificates to be applied.
This issue got us too. IBM didn't get it resolved until yesterday. :x
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Just out of curiosity, how good is IBM cloud on average? (I mean PA on cloud) Seems like no one has discussed about it here.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Adam
OLAP Product: IBM PA
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Microsoft 365 x64

Post by Adam »

macsir wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 pm Just out of curiosity, how good is IBM cloud on average? (I mean PA on cloud) Seems like no one has discussed about it here.
I’m an IBM PA on IBM Cloud Enterprise customer. Happy to share my experience. Maybe we can start a new thread? I can provide perspective (pun!) on any questions you may have.
Take care.
Adam
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

Bit late to the party but we also had the same issue due to the certs for the CCA agents being updated causing CCC jobs to fail during that weekend.

To the wider point, we've found the Cloud support generally pretty good and responsive all in all. Can't really blame them for the collapse on the 22nd due to the wider infrastructure attack that affected much more than just IBM but could really have done without that off the back of the CCC issues.

Specifics I won't go into in a public forum however one thing I'd say is that we've seen multiple cert / federation issues in the last 4 - 6 weeks which they should really be more on top of before releasing to a live environment.

Hope that this doesn't start becoming a trend but to be fair, they have form in this area. I'm sure a lot of people round these parts still remember the hilarious SSL certificate expiration issue from a few years ago fondly!