PAX always showing #NAME Error?

M1ndbender
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.0
Excel Version: 365

PAX always showing #NAME Error?

Post by M1ndbender »

I was recently given access to PAX but in every view I open every field shows #NAME? and I noticed all of the formulas now start with @.
I did read that the @ was a new piece of MS Office and should cause no issues.

Has anybody else had this issue and could help me out?

Thanks
Attachments
NAME_ERROR.PNG
NAME_ERROR.PNG (35.09 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
FORMULA.PNG
FORMULA.PNG (1.55 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: PAX always showing #NAME Error?

Post by declanr »

Normally the name reference is because you don't have the Excel add-in activated.

The COM Add-in runs the ribbon etc.
But to get TM1 formulas to work you also need the Excel Add-in called "IBM Cognos Office Reporting TM1 Addin" - you can activate it with the CognosOfficeTM1.xll file if it's not already available to tick for you.
Declan Rodger
M1ndbender
Version: 2.0.0
Excel Version: 365

Post by M1ndbender »

Thank you for the help. I am pretty sure that worked. I get all #VALUE? errors now but I think that is my connectivity being unstable.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

M1ndbender wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:00 pm Thank you for the help. I am pretty sure that worked. I get all #VALUE? errors now but I think that is my connectivity being unstable.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it
#VALUE? errors can be caused by a number of things but one we have seen catching a lot of people out is that if you have another Excel workbook open at the same time (even one with absolutely no Planning Analytics connection) and that files has circular reference errors then it disrupts the entire PAX calculation cycle and you see the #VALUE? errors.
That's one that can easily cause you to go insane when trying to find as you never think to look at those other files.

And based on how many users have reported an issue that is caused by it has surprised me as to how many people are happily and successfully working with files that have circular references in them.
Declan Rodger
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

My Friday tip of the day is to always click the "Refresh all" icon in the Task Pane.

More times than not, assuming you do not have circular references and are referencing valid elements, this correctly checks if you are actually connected to the server.

Don't let that Connect icon fool you - too often I have connected using that only to find nothing refreshes and you are still actually somehow disconnected.

As with all things PAW/PAfE, YMMV!