kenship
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0.7
Excel Version: 2010

TI create view for loading data into

Post by kenship »

Hi,

I have done many TI to transfer data based on source view and target view.

For all of them I configure dimensions in the source cube for the data I need to transfer. For the target cube, I create target subsets, target views to clear data, data will be loaded based on elements in the source cube dimensions.

This time is a little different. I need to fill in data on consolidated cells and I want to construct a target view using MDX to exclude elements I don't need and have the process to drop data ONLY into the intersections determined by the target view.

Can it be done? If so, what do I need to specify? I can only think of using IF in Data tab but it seems too complicated.

Thanks!

Kenneth
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: TI create view for loading data into

Post by Wim Gielis »

A practical example would be good to understand what you mean. In fact, I don't have a clue what you want to do.
Filling in data on consolidated cells seems weird too.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

I agree with Wim that we need more information:
  • Where is the data coming from that you are loading into the target cube?
  • If it is a cube, what is the dimensionality of the source and target cubes?
  • What do you mean by "fill in data on consolidated cells"? Please be specific.
If you plan on loading data into intersections in the target cube, based on a view built on subsets you don't actually have to use a cube view as a data source for the TI process. Just create subsets for each dimension in the target cube and then loop through them in the prolog of the TI process, nested, to build the dimension references needed and do your CELLPUTN statement inside the middle of the loop(s). As long as you don't need zero suppression of the target cube view (and why would you since there isn't data in the target cube until you load it?) then this is how I would approach the problem. There may be other options but until I know more information I can't provide them.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
kenship
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0.7
Excel Version: 2010

Post by kenship »

Thanks Tom and Wim.

Just tested and realized I forgot to name the DataSourceCubeView. It works right after.

To provide details, I was trying to put text to consolidated intersections based on certain criteria. There's no source data cube so to speak but I named the target cube as the source to get the dimensions as variables any way. So I loop the dimensions using MDX to filter the dimension elements to create a view for the intersections I need. I checked the view and works fine.

In "Data" I simply run CellPutS to put text into the intersections without specifying any condition. In my earlier attempts I realized CellPutS ignored my view and loaded into all intersections. Then I realized I didn't specify DataSourceCubeView, once I name it to the view I created it seems to work.

Hope I have explained it clear this time.

Kenneth