Setting default parameter in PAW based on subset

vasek1192
OLAP Product: IBM Planning analytics
Version: 2.0.9.3
Excel Version: 2019

Setting default parameter in PAW based on subset

Post by vasek1192 »

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to set default parameter for action button starting a process based on subset.

I have a process that selects a default version from dimension of all possible versions and stores it as a single element in a subset. I now need to have this default version as default parameter for all of my version parameters in all my processes that include version parameters. I know how to achieve this in PAX, but the application we are working on is on PAW. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Attachments
hilfe.png
hilfe.png (71.85 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Setting default parameter in PAW based on subset

Post by Elessar »

Hi,
This is implemented in PAW ver. 2.0.62: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/planning-an ... -process-2
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
vasek1192

Post by vasek1192 »

Thanks for the reply, It is however not quite what I was looking for. I need the user to be able to change the parameter - version with default version pre-selected. So if he runs the proces, he can either click ok(run) with pre-selected default version or change it.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

You could create a subset (with TI) containing a couple of elements, the first one being the "default" one. Below that, the other elements.
Set this subset for the user in the parameters screen.

The Default element could read: "Use Default version" (without showing it in the parameters screen) but show it in the dashboard).
Then your TI process could test if it's the default, or not.

Or the Default element could always be the same element but an alias is used to show the name to the user. Would thhat work ? I haven't tried anything, just thinking out loudly.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Or why not test if the Version has been left blank and then use the first element from the subset?

I have had the same issue on PAW as the default will let you select from the subset, list etc. once configured but is not dynamic i.e. would be ideal to put 1 into the default to read element at index 1.

I essentially also do what Wim suggests in terms of creating a subset with the current/default values first then the others after that. Makes sense from a UI point of view for users in explorations, selectors etc.
vasek1192

Post by vasek1192 »

Thanks guys, I implemented some of your suggestions and client is happy with it :)