Action Button Bulk upload

CTM1K
OLAP Product: PAx, PAw, TM1
Version: 4.0.x
Excel Version: 2016

Action Button Bulk upload

Post by CTM1K »

Hi,

I have discovered the Action Button to use a TI-Process to upload values directly to a cube.
I only succeeded with uploading one value to one leaf element, but I have values spread within an Excel range like b20:d500. Selecting a range for a parameter is not working, however.

I'm not exactly sure how to create a TI-Process to have an Action Button work in order to upload a set of values (for Example all Excel Values located in B20:D500). Having 500 different parameters created in the TI, to define each leaf element is no real solution, isn't it?

Is there a possibility to use the Action Button for a Bulk upload of values into a Cube without using a .csv format?
If not, is there any other way (besides quick-report with committing values to a cube)?

Thanks to all of you who will help me :)
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Action Button Bulk upload

Post by lotsaram »

I really think you need to understand what a TI process does, what data sources it can read, and how it works. There's a lot of information out there but you shoudl also think about a training course, there are some good online courses available nowdays.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Action Button Bulk upload

Post by declanr »

CTM1K wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:35 pm is there any other way (besides quick-report with committing values to a cube)?
Your easiest option available is probably just to have hidden columns which contain DBS formulas to send the data from the cells into the cube.
For the DBS formulas you can add an IF statement that looks at a single control cell e.g. If ( SendFlag = "YES", DBSW(....), "Don't Send") and you can have a macro button that simply flips the "SendFlag" control cell to a "YES" and recalcs (to send the data) before flipping the cell back to "NO".

Based on what you described as the requirement I expect that will be the easiest and quickest solution for you to implement and doesn't require much in the way of coding.
Declan Rodger