Contributor vs TM1web & Perspectives - Non-contributor users are not able to enter data in the cube

krishnadixit
OLAP Product: TM1, COGNOS
Version: TM1 9_5 Cognos Planning 8_4
Excel Version: 2007

Contributor vs TM1web & Perspectives - Non-contributor users are not able to enter data in the cube

Post by krishnadixit »

Hello all,

I have a Approval-type contributor application with Cost_Center as approval hierarchy and Version as Control Dimension. There are several cube views in contributor and reviewer views. The workflow works fine but since workflow app was deployed, it locked all those cubes for non-contributor users (TM1web / perspectives). :(

The contributor app is mainly for budget user to enter their budgets in budget version. Hence, I used version control dimension. I thought having cellsecurity on cube will allow me to keep Forecast version open for non-contributor users to use TM1 web or Perpectives and enter their Forecast numbers and comments. But it is not the case :?

Am I missing anything here :?: Can I enable non-contributor users to enter Forecast data in forecast version?

Thanks
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Contributor vs TM1web & Perspectives - Non-contributor users are not able to enter data in the cube

Post by Elessar »

Hi,
First of all, please clarify your version. The "Contributor" security settings are very different in different versions (starting with "}tp_owners", ending with date reservations)

Your profile says it's TM1 9.5. Is it right?
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
krishnadixit
OLAP Product: TM1, COGNOS
Version: TM1 9_5 Cognos Planning 8_4
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Contributor vs TM1web & Perspectives - Non-contributor users are not able to enter data in the cube

Post by krishnadixit »

Hi Elessar,
I am using Planning Analytics 2.x