Using subprocess to load data between cubes with different number of dimensions

vasek1192
OLAP Product: IBM Planning analytics
Version: 2.0.9.3
Excel Version: 2019

Using subprocess to load data between cubes with different number of dimensions

Post by vasek1192 »

Hi, I am attempting to transfer data from cube with 2 dimensions: Product, Amount into cube with one extra dimension: Months. I know how to do this, but I was told there is another way using sub-process. I would like to try that but dont know exactly how. I would appreciate any pointers.

For more info:
Source Cube: 2 Dimensions: Product, Amount
Target Cube: 3 Dimensions: Product, Months, Amount

I am attempting to transfer data about Amount from Source Cube to Target Cube using Main Process and Sub-process and I am not interested in any other solutions to this problem at this time. Thanks.
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Using subprocess to load data between cubes with different number of dimensions

Post by Elessar »

You are stubborn! =)

Only one way comes to mind:
Subprocess - copies one month
Process - has "Month" dimension as a datasource, and "RunProcess" Subproecss in Metadata tab

Compared to all examples described in previous topic:
  • If you have large data volumes, you can parallel this. But ensure that you have 12 CPU cores for this.
  • If not, it's better to use while or cellproportionalspread
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
vasek1192

Re: Using subprocess to load data between cubes with different number of dimensions

Post by vasek1192 »

Ahh, desperation, stubbornness, one thing leads to another... :D Anyway thanks for the reply.

So if I understand this, I should write subprocess with CellGetN using the Source Cube as Source to get the Amount.

And then use the Main process using Months as Source to do...what exactly besides running the Subprocess in the metadata?
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

vasek1192 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 pm subprocess with CellGetN using the Source Cube as Source to get the Amount
- no, the subprocess uses the Source cube as a datasource. And does CellPutN to the target cube to one month (The Month should be specified in parameter "pMonth")
vasek1192 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 pm What exactly besides running the Subprocess in the metadata
- nothing. The main process here replaces the while loop. Running a subprocess in a "metadata" tab means that the subprocess will be run for each record of a data source (in our example - for each month).
The month should be passed through subprocess "pMonth" parameter
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
vasek1192

Post by vasek1192 »

It worked, Thanks a lot for the patience :)