I'm trying to receive todays month

samiamsz
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 11.3. 0.
Excel Version: 16

I'm trying to receive todays month

Post by samiamsz »

Hey , so I need to create a rolling average for the past 3 months.
I am trying to get the current month (In dimension as 'mmm YYYY' for example 'Jan 2021'
I Am Using this

Code: Select all

sCurrentMonth = ATTRS(sDim, (TIMST('\M') | (SUBST(TODAY(1), 1, 4))), 'PriorPeriod');

The

(TIMST('\M') | (SUBST(TODAY(1), 1, 4)))
part of it keeps giving me an error saying invalid numeric expression. I'm not sure if its because it is really late but for some reason I cannot seem to figure out the problem!!!!!!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: I'm trying to receive todays month

Post by Alan Kirk »

samiamsz wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:24 am Hey , so I need to create a rolling average for the past 3 months.
I am trying to get the current month (In dimension as 'mmm YYYY' for example 'Jan 2021'
I Am Using this

sCurrentMonth = ATTRS(sDim, (TIMST('\M') | (SUBST(TODAY(1), 1, 4))), 'PriorPeriod');

The

(TIMST('\M') | (SUBST(TODAY(1), 1, 4)))
part of it keeps giving me an error saying invalid numeric expression. I'm not sure if its because it is really late but for some reason I cannot seem to figure out the problem!!!!!!
I'd go with it being late.

You are passing only one argument to TimSt(). It requires at least two, the first one being a date/time serial number as per the Reference Guide.

TIMST(datetime, format, ExtendedYears)
Since that is absent, you're getting an invalid numeric expression error.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.