New Approval Hierarchy -

Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

New Approval Hierarchy -

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi All,
Our Org Changed and the approval hierarchy has totally changed. Data in the cubes will remain the same. I created the hierarchy with the same subset name as before. Under Manage rights, the new hierarchy showed up under rights and applied. It says "In Progress" and does not complete in Manage Jobs. I see CPU going up on 'IBM Cognos TM1' service, but did not succeed even after 24 hours. I restarted the 'IBM Cognos TM1' service and rights did not save. Any idea why it took so long? There was no activity showing in TM1Top. How do we manage the situation.

We are on PA 2.0.9.4.
Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: New Approval Hierarchy - Contributor

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi All,
Hope I will explain the issue well.
Our Org Changed and the approval hierarchy has totally changed. Data in the cubes will remain the same. I created the hierarchy with the same subset name as before to be the minimal change. Under Manage rights, the new hierarchy showed up under rights and applied. It says "In Progress" and does not complete in Manage Jobs. I see CPU going up on 'IBM Cognos TM1' service, but did not complete/succeed even after 24 hours. I restarted the 'IBM Cognos TM1' service and rights did not save. Any idea why it took so long and why java.exe from the jre/bin folder keeps increasing memory and does not succeed? There was no activity showing in TM1Top. How do we make the manage rights succeed?

Please let me know if you have questions. We are on PA 2.0.9.4.

Thanks,
Luther.
ykud
MVP

Re: New Approval Hierarchy -

Post by ykud »

It is rebuilding rights from scratch and it might be a long running process, as it is going through number of groups * number of application dim elements * elements in control dim in the process.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/chang ... ng-tm1-102
has some details of what’s happening there

You can add deployment maxThreads="X" to run a large portion of this process in parallel by X threads.