Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

PAW Dashboards Sluggish after upgrade to 2.0.59

Post by Ajay »

Hello,

I've just upgraded from PAW 2.0.54 to PAW 2.0.59 (on prem) and noticed that the performance of PAW Dashboards is slower in PAW 2.0.59

We were operating on IE11, and since that is no longer available have to use Chrome or Edge, but with these browsers inherently being faster, I wasn't expecting this.

Has anyone else who has moved to the latest release noticed this, or is there an undocumented configuration setting in either PAW or in the newer browsers that needs to be set ?

Or, is this something coming about from the new glass interface courtesy of Cognos Analytics, that PAW is now using ?

Or, is it something in the 2.0.54 produced dashboards, which has carried across in the older containers. Do we need to rebuild the Dashboards in 2.0.59 from scratch (certainly hope not :( ) ?

Any suggestions ?

Ajay
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: PAW Dashboards Sluggish after upgrade to 2.0.59

Post by macsir »

Have you tried to build a new one from scratch which is the same as old one to see if it is still slow?
Is there any clue from the PAW log files?
Are you running PAW server on windows? If yes, anything special in the windows event viewer?
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9

Post by Elessar »

Hello,

We face the same problem. And no, rebuilding from scratch will not help. Looks like IBM had not time enough to optimize the "new cool interface"...

Regarding OS: if it's Windows, moving to Linux will boost performance theoretically
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
Ajay
Regular Participant

Post by Ajay »

Thank you macsir and Elessar for your feedback.

So I have spent time looking at logs and events and tried recreating new dashboards, but no success.

However, I have ascertained the following APARs:
PH32540 LOADING OF AN UPGRADED BOOK IN PA WORKSPACE 2.0.58 TOOK 4 TIMES LONGER AS IN PA WORKSPACE 2.0.55
PH32646 PLANNING ANALYTICS WORKSPACE - DASHBOARD REPORT RESULTS INTO ERROR MESSAGE: UNABLE TO LOAD REQUESTED VIEW

I have a support ticket open at the moment and am trying to find out if this has been fixed for the PAW2.0.60 release given that apparently it has been an issue since PAW2.0.57, which was released in October.

Luckily, I did this upgrade in our DEV environment, so PREPROD and PROD remain on PAW2.0.54 until this issue is fixed.

Will keep the Forum updated.

Ajay
Ajay
Regular Participant

Post by Ajay »

So, as promised, a small update.

IBM have confirmed that PAW 2.0.60 (on prem) is being released w/c 18th Jan, but unfortunately the APARs listed didn't make it.

For anyone interested in the fix list, here it is:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/syste ... 060_sc.pdf

Cheers
Ajay