Re: TM1 9.4.1 Server Errors

maloction
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos
Version: 9.4.1
Excel Version: 2013

Post by maloction »

We Have installed TM1 9.4.1 on Windows XP and Windows machine. The Server and client are installed on the same machine

We getting the error below:

1. TM1.COMM.SSL error connecting to remote machine
2. Server cannot listen on port 5000

Can anyone who has dealt with the errors above assist? I am facing a crisis where all odds are againgst me, a matter of life and death should the issue not get resolved

All suggestions will be highly appreciated
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

maloction wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 am We Have installed TM1 9.4.1 on Windows XP and Windows machine. The Server and client are installed on the same machine

We getting the error below:

1. TM1.COMM.SSL error connecting to remote machine
2. Server cannot listen on port 5000

Can anyone who has dealt with the errors above assist? I am facing a crisis where all odds are againgst me, a matter of life and death should the issue not get resolved

All suggestions will be highly appreciated
I want you to visualise a thousand completely blank faces around the world, jaws slightly dropped, heads shaking ever so slightly. This is in response to the thought that launching a 12 year old version of TM1 on an almost 20 year old operating system which went out of support 6 and a half years ago (and which should therefore not be on any operational machine outside of a museum any longer) could be a life or death crisis.

First of all, is this even Windows XP Professional we're talking about? Second of all, are you trying to connect to this as if it was a remote server, notwithstanding that server and client are on the same box? If so, are you sure that the Admin Server is running? Third, is there in fact a NEED to connect to it as if it was a remote server rather than just specifying the data directory and starting it up as a local server? It's not like other computers are going to be able to connect to it running on a Windows XP box anyway, at least not without using an IP protocol that utilises Ouija boards and a séance.

With regard to the SSL error, while I can't state categorically that this is the problem (my memory doesn't extend back further than the early Roman republic) it's worth bearing in mind that the SSL certificates that were issued with 9.4 expired just shy of 4 years ago. If you're trying to implement an SSL connection using the original certificates you may well be stuffed, which is another reason why launching as a local server may be preferable.

Also bear in mind that if you have a current version of TM1 on a current O/S, another option may be to create a new server on your current instance, copy your 9.4.1 database into the new server's data directory, and let the current server try to update it. Whether it will work (as you expect it to) depends on a number of factors, but it's got to be better than waking up a long-dead O/S from its grave.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
maloction
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos
Version: 9.4.1
Excel Version: 2013

Post by maloction »

Hi Alan

thanks for the reply, much appreciated

i am running Windows XP Professional
TM1 Admin Service is running

under TM1 Options i have the following ticked

TM1 Options

Local Server
Data Directory - C:\program Files\Cognos\TM1\Custom\Tm1Data\PData
i ticked checkbox - Connect to local server on startup

i am now getting the error on the tm1admsrv log TM1.Comm.SSL Error loading private key from file

thanks
Mosima