Copying data TM1

samiamsz
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 11.3. 0.
Excel Version: 16

Copying data TM1

Post by samiamsz »

Hey, New to tm1 here.
So i wrote a ti process that allows me to cpy data from one scenario to the other. I could copy from one year in the source to another in the target.
And like that copy from different months/accounts whatever .
But I am only able to copy into a leaf level element (copy from 2019-2020, or one month to the other, one account to the other)
I am trying to copy data from a roll up to another roll up, or instead of just 1 month I would like to copy data from the entire Quarter 1 into the entire quarter 1 of another sceario. using parameters doesnt seem to be doing the job

Update:
I was able to copy from one scenario to another. But I would like to copy from (e.g, the actuals of dept 0 into the budget of dept 1,2,3, and 4) basically take one piece of data divide it into 4 and place 1/4 into each one of the targets I’ve tried to just use a calculation and cell put N but maybe I’m doing something wrong?
Last edited by samiamsz on Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
OLAP Product: IBM PA
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Microsoft 365 x64

Re: Copying data TM1

Post by Adam »

Hello.

Data in TM1 is held in leaves, the lowest level of data. Roll-ups / consolidations happen on demand so the copy will also need to occur at the leaf level.

The advice Wim gave you is really solid -- consider implementing }bedrock.cube.data.copy
. With that process, you can pass high-level source/target parameters, e.g. copy from Scenario A to Scenario B and it takes care of the rest for you.

Additionally, probably best to keep related messages in the same topic vs. creating a new one for each twist. Helps new folks get the complete picture.
Take care.
Adam