Active Forms that Works in TM1 Perspectives doesn’t work on Planning Analytics For Excel.

jjramirez
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics/TM1
Version: 2.0.9.15
Excel Version: Excel 2019

Active Forms that Works in TM1 Perspectives doesn’t work on Planning Analytics For Excel.

Post by jjramirez »

Hi Everybody,

I am in the process to upgrade from TM1 10.2.2 to Planning Analytics 2.0.9 and i've found some troubles with Planning Analytics For Excel when i try to open a workbook that contains an active form:

When refreshing the active form in PAX the TM1RPTROW formula only returns the first element and then merge all the rows generated below making all DBRW’s return a #!VALUE! error as they are not finding any value for the dimension in the cell reference that it’s supposed to contain the dimension element generated from TM1RPTROW. In addition, the generated rows appear grouped.

Behaviors:
• The rows generated by the TM1RPTROW formula get grouped.
• The rows generated by the TM1RPTROW formula get merged.
• After ungroup the rows using the ungroup option in Excel ribbon data tab and click on “Rebuild sheet” option in Excel ribbon IBM Planning
Analytics tab, the rows are grouped again.
• When deleting the generated rows while PAX session is active/connected to TM1Server Microsoft Excel crashes and it’s automatically rebooted.
• Sometimes in a random way the active form is generated correctly for an instance when opened by the first time but returns to the error state
when finish to load.
ActiveForm in PAX
ActiveForm in PAX
ActiveForm in PAX.PNG (242.4 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

Product version:
• IBM Planning Analytics 2.0.9
• IBM Planning Analytics For Excel 2.0.55
• Microsoft Excel Standard Version 2016 64 bits
• OS Windows 7 service pack 1 64bits

In the pictures attached you can see a screenshot of the active form in perspective and what happen when it's opened by PAX with some notes.
screenshots.pptx
ScreenShots of the report in both environments
(193.5 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

I really appreciate any help!
Best regards,
Jose José
Attachments
CT-R009.xlsx
Active Form
(134.92 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
rbhansen22
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Active Forms that Works in TM1 Perspectives doesn’t work on Planning Analytics For Excel.

Post by rbhansen22 »

Try removing the grouping over the format area in the rows and columns and just hide them instead.

Thanks,

Rebecca
jjramirez
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics/TM1
Version: 2.0.9.15
Excel Version: Excel 2019

Re: Active Forms that Works in TM1 Perspectives doesn’t work on Planning Analytics For Excel.

Post by jjramirez »

Hi rebecca,
thanks for your response.

I've tried your idea but i got the same results.

There's something with the "rebuild workbook/sheet", i erase the grouping but when i click on "rebuild workbook/sheet" buttons the rows generated by TM1RPTROW get grouped again.

kind regards,
Jose José