Version: 11.3. 0.
Excel Version: 16

create report filters that are cascading

Post by samiamsz »

can someone help me
I have to create a subset using an mdx
i have to write a TI process that creates subsets for each level
I am new to this so sorry for the basic question
Basically i have three drop downs, 1 is a category director, 1 is category, and the last is category use.
I have to create a dynamic subset where when i select an element from the category director(the root elements) the next drop down, category, must only contain elements thatre the children and when i choose something from category the next drop down category_use must only contain the drop down of the above
please pm me as well if you csan help me write the ti process pleaaase
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: create report filters that are cascading

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Samiamsz, Please do not create multiple posts for the same issue, I have deleted your other posts.

How far have you got with implementing your solution and have you read the FAQ for requesting help?

I'd suggest that you attempt a solution yourself and ask specific questions on issues you encounter, it's unlikely anyone will give you the full solution to your problem.

As well as TM1s help on the various functions suggest you review the "MDX Primer for TM1"
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
samiamsz
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 11.3. 0.
Excel Version: 16

Post by samiamsz »

I appreciate the response,
I am pretty new to this so i apologize for the ignorance
however, I did make progress with it and i think i was able to complete what i wanted
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

samiamsz wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:55 am I appreciate the response,
I am pretty new to this so i apologize for the ignorance
however, I did make progress with it and i think i was able to complete what i wanted
You may be new to Planning Analytics and this forum but not spraying the same question on multiple threads is just basic netiquette and common sense. If you want people to help you don't annoy them, follow the rules, be polite, explain what steps you already did to solve the issue, etc.
Good luck.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.