PAW - Docker - Installing to C Drive

chewza
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 7

PAW - Docker - Installing to C Drive

Post by chewza »

Hi Guys

I am installing Paw for the first time. I reached the point in the installation where it asked if I wanted to switch storage to another drive.
I selected "y" , read the web article, and then added "data-root": "d:\\docker" to the config file. I then reran the start.psq1 => it continued straight past this point ok, but then started installing to the c: drive, warning me that I might not have enough space.

How do I stop the install and fix this properly? I created a folder as d:\Docker. Could the case sensitivity be an issue?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thx
Chris
Ajay
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.0, PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAW - Docker - Installing to C Drive

Post by Ajay »

Chris

You need to define the location within a file called “daemon.json”, which should be saved within “C:\ProgramData\Docker\Config”

This is just a notepad file, and depending on the version of Planning Analytics Workspace you are installing will contain either one of the following:

For PAW 2.0.53 and lower:

{
"graph": "d:\\docker"
}

For PAW 2.0.54 and higher:

{
"data-root": "d:\\docker"
}

Just make sure there are no end of line spaces anywhere.

Once you have done this, you need to restart the Docker Engine service, for Docker to know about the redirection

When the service has restarted the new folder structure is created in “d:\docker”. Note that the “C:\ProgramData\Docker\Config” folder does not come across.

Ctrl C should stop what is going on, otherwise, stop the Docker Engine service

Ajay