Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

TM1RptFilter

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
I'm using TM1RptFIlter for the first time in anger, when I have done ordering on an dynamic report before I've always been able to restrict it to a single dimension and put the relevant MDX in the subset definition.

Working on a dynamic report with multiple row headers (4) and a single column header for a 5d cube. I'm assuming the function is intended to work across multiple row headers (otherwise whats the point?).

I'm finding that I am getting my results back nearly sorted but not quite, any views on what could be going wrong?
No Cigar.png
No Cigar.png (5.27 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Same behaviour in Excel and TM1 Web/ PAW. Using Pafe to build the dynamic report. TM1 2.0.7
Sometimes I get the right order when I don't I get the same out of orderedness for the same query consistently (I think..!)
No sorting on the MDX for other dimensions.
I'm sorting versus a ruled fed numeric measure giving the month number of the string month.

Is this a bug?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1RptFilter

Post by lotsaram »

TM1RptFilter does the same as the filter function in the Perspectives/Architect cube viewer. It only works if the view has a single dimension on rows.

I don't think you can call it a bug. It's always been like this, even if it sucks.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: TM1RptFilter

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Lotsaram,
Not convinced that it isn't supposed to work across the whole tuple set.
I did some testing vs SData and get reliable correct sorting irrespective of the number of dims in the row position.
cigar.png
cigar.png (25.07 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
You can see in the above screen shot the whole tuple on a row is sorted independently. If it was just picking one dimension to sort on and fixing the other two dimensions then it would not be able to order as above?

Maybe its been fixed since you guys last reviewed?
Doesn't help much as in the other environment I'm working in it is unreliable...
Will raise a ticket and see where I get.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk