Get TM1 Web Application name using the GUID

Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2016

Get TM1 Web Application name using the GUID

Post by Emixam »

Hello everyone,

Is there an easy way to retrieve the TM1 Web Application (Contributor) name in a cube using the GUID ? }ElementAttributes_}tp_applications cube gives a lot of useful information but unfortunately the name/alias of a TM1 Applications is not one of them.

I looked in almost all control cubes but I found nothing.

Thanks !
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Get TM1 Web Application name using the GUID

Post by lotsaram »

I believe if cube cell comments are entered from the TM1 Application Web application then the GUID of the particular application shows up as an element in the }Annotation_ApplicationID control dimension which is used in the }CellAnnotations cubes.

I don't ever use Application Web so in this dimension so I only ever see the default element "}*" but I'm assuming that if using Application Web then elements would be created corresponding to each Contributor application.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Get TM1 Web Application name using the GUID

Post by Emixam »

Thanks lotsaram, but unfortunately, not all of our apps have cell comments. I literally opened all control cubes and I came to the conclusion that there is no way to retrieve this information in a cube.

IMO, it should be an available information in the }ElementAttributes_}tp_applications cube but who I am to judge

Have a good day !