Cognos Analytics report fails when nesting a calculated field

mjb
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics (TM1)
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 365

Cognos Analytics report fails when nesting a calculated field

Post by mjb »

I am having issues creating a crosstab report in Cognos Analytics with TM1 as a data source, and wondering is anyone else has run into a similar problem. I have a support call open with Cognos regarding this, but so far they have not been able to resolve the issue. Any ideas appreciated!

Report is created using Cognos Analytics 11.1 r6 with a TM1 (V2)data source. The report uses predefined subsets in the rows, and time in the columns. The subsets in the rows need to be nested with 'report entities', (from a different dimension) some of which are selected on the prompt screen and some are calculated based on the selection. The ones that use the selected value work, but the ones with the calculated value give an error.
This is the calculation: IF ( roleValue('_businessKey',[rp.Income Statement Mgmt Reporter].[ReportingEntity].[ReportingEntity]->?pRepEntity?)= 'All AIA' ) THEN ( 'E&O Total' ) ELSE (roleValue ('_businessKey',[cRepEntity] ) || ' - E&O' )
The nested data is coming from 2 different dimensions. If I remove the calculated rows the report runs. If I replace the calculated rows with members from the dimension, it works. I believe that the issue is the calculated field.
This is the error that I am getting:
XQE-PLN-0020 The V5 Query could not be planned by the Query Service. The 'V5DataItemRef' node is invalid for the OLAP Transformation Library and the Query Service Planner is currently not able to resolve it.
CAF-WRN-2082 An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator. The complete error has been logged by CAF with SecureErrorID:2020-06-22-17:33:09.978-#26
What I am trying to do in the calculation : the prompt allows the user to select from the ALL AIA hierarchy only and sets the calculation based on the selection – if the user chooses ALL AIA then the calculation should equal E&O TOTAL. If the user chooses from the lower levels then the calculation just adds - E&O to the selection etc.

Thanks in advance!
mjb
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics (TM1)
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 365

Re: Cognos Analytics report fails when nesting a calculated field

Post by mjb »

With assistance from IBM Support -We were able to resolve this via using a macro substitute function in the calculation.