Free Server Monitoring Tool other than TM1Top

My24
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Free Server Monitoring Tool other than TM1Top

Post by My24 »

Hi all,

Is there any free, third party TM1 server monitoring tool other than TM1Top?
OpsConsole is depreciated in 2.0.9.
I do not want to use PAW Admin Tool.
And legacy TM1Top shows idle Rest api threads when using RunProcess, and not user-friendly.

Any suggestions?

Regards.
scrumthing
Version: 11.x
Excel Version: MS365

Re: Free Server Monitoring Tool other than TM1Top

Post by scrumthing »

If you are already familiar with the rest api you can try utilizing tm1py for the job. That is what I use until I have PAWAA (I am not sure if it is the proper abbreviation) further explored.

https://github.com/cubewise-code/TM1py- ... /issues/10

You can give Postman a try but for me it didn't fit my workflow.
https://blog.quebit.com/blog/quebit-blo ... e-rest-api

If it is supposed to be free then I don't have any more options for you. I know that Cubewise Pulse is supposed to get that job done but I have never tried it so far. https://code.cubewise.com/pulse-overview

Hope that helps.

PS: I think the part about idle rest api threads is no fault of tm1top but a general issue with the rest api. But i am not 100% sure there.
There is no OLAP database besides TM1!
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

I can recommend Pulse from Cubewise, but it's not free (as noted above).
Paul
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Paul Segal wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:03 pm I can recommend Pulse from Cubewise, but it's not free (as noted above).
I would second that. It's not necessarily the most intuitive tool to suck the most advanced features from, but it does HAVE a lot of advanced features including ones that are more powerful / flexible than anything that IBM has come up with to date. (That includes its package migration ability.) The only thing that p*****s me off about it is its insistence on you following admin password rules that to my mind are complete and utter frapping overkill for an application that generally lives its life within a VPN; rules that I do NOT follow for my real TM1 login, so every time I want to log in to Pulse I have to look up my Pulse password. That's a very minor complaint in the overall scheme of things but I mention it because I only just had to do it.... again.

One of these days I need to find the time (yeah, chance would be a fine thing) to sit down and really learn the ins and outs of it, though that's not necessarily easy either because it's constantly evolving, generally for the better. I'm several (sub) versions behind but even the basic monitoring and alerting that I do with it adds value.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Alan Kirk wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:07 pm The only thing that p*****s me off about it is its insistence on you following admin password rules that to my mind are complete and utter frapping overkill for an application that generally lives its life within a VPN; rules that I do NOT follow for my real TM1 login, so every time I want to log in to Pulse I have to look up my Pulse password. That's a very minor complaint in the overall scheme of things but I mention it because I only just had to do it.... again.
This is actually configurable. If this annoys you, then you can edit the password regex in the config file and remove the restrictions. Takes less than a minute. (I only found this out myself recently.) Most of the time though I set it up with windows integrated security.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.