Different calculation for same Elements

HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Different calculation for same Elements

Post by HighKeys »

Hi there!

i'm stucking with a simple thing, but can't find the answer since 2 days... Hopefully you can help me.

I'm using a C Element called "Abwesenheiten" in 2 different consolidations, so i would need 2 different calculations behind, the calculation is not the problem but whats the right IF to check the actual parent?

I tried Elcomp Elispar but it returns everytime a 1 cause its in both consolidations.

its like:
  • Calculation A
    • Abwesenheiten
    • Some other Elements
  • Calculation B
    • Abwesenheiten
    • Some other Elements
Thanks for your help
BR
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Different calculation for same Elements

Post by declanr »

Although an element can exist in a single hierarchy/dimension with multiple parents; the element's primary key is its name - as such it cannot have different calculations for the same intersection (where the only difference is a different parent) - you can do it on other intersections; such as a different measure.

On your brief description though it does sound like you should consider whether using an alternative hierarchy would be appropriate for your needs.
You can have the same named element in 2 (or more) different hierarchies associated with 1 dimension; and at that point - it is a different object; it can have different children, different parents, different security, you can reference it via the hierarchy in rules etc.
Declan Rodger
HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by HighKeys »

Hi declanr,

thanks for the fast answer, thats very bad :( we don't use the hierachy system at the moment (Its a point on my todo list), so if i understand you right my only opinion at the moment is to create a smiliar "Abwesenheiten" element for the ""Calculation B" correct?

Thanks!
scrumthing
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 11.x
Excel Version: MS365

Post by scrumthing »

Yes a different element will be your only option without utilizing hierarchies.
Either you create a different element "Abwesenheiten2" or you use a second measure for the second calculation and if you use excel try to switch the measure with an if-clause there.
There is no OLAP database besides TM1!