Hector2005
OLAP Product: MOLAP
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

PAW Buttons parameters & Filtering two dimensions on the same side

Post by Hector2005 »

Hello professionals, hope my message finds you great. :D :D

Actually, I have two questions. :?:

The first one, I am working over PAW and I am facing a problem regarding PAW buttons and selections.
So, Do you have any idea in how to pass filter selections to the PAW button's parameters automatically without user intervention?

The second one, suppose I have two dimensions on the row, for example Order and Product, and I want to filter product on Order using MDX not Suppress Zero, again they are together on the row. Have anyone encountered something like that before? After searching in that group, I saw that it's not applicable. So, what are the approaches you're using to solve this kind of problems??

Appreciate your cooperation.
Best Regards,
Hector
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAW Buttons parameters & Filtering two dimensions on the same side

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Hector

The inability to link the parameters of a TI Process in an Action Button to selections on a PAW workbook is a serious limitation that I have already raised with IBM. We cannot convert any of our existing TM1 Web screens to PAW until this is resolved as all of them need workflow that is managed by TI buttons driving off selections on the sheet. Obviously there are some reports that we could migrate, but it hardly seems worth the effort if we cannot migrate everything.

Please go to the IBM site and vote for this enhancement

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PAOP-I-490

Also vote for the similar enhancement

https://ibm-data-and-ai.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PAOP-I-192

For your other query, I suggest that you look at Asymmetric Axes. This lets you access the MDX for the Row or Column Axis as a whole and you can potentially then write MDX that will give you different combinations of the two dimensions that you have on the Row Axis.

Regards

Paul SImon