User Being Removed From Security Group in TM1

Peter Picazio
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

User Being Removed From Security Group in TM1

Post by Peter Picazio »

One of our users is being removed from the security group they are assigned to. Cannot see why this is happening. We add him back but he keeps getting removed. We use CAM authentication and he is in the applicable security group in Cognos.

The user first noticed that he could not see any cubes yesterday and when I checked the client/groups in security, he was not in the applicable group. I added him back but when I refreshed security he was gone. I verified that he is in that group on the Cognos side so I do not understand why this is happening.

Has anyone experienced this issue?
Peter Picazio
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

Re: User Being Removed From Security Group in TM1

Post by Peter Picazio »

Some additional information on this.

The issue appears to occur after he logs in.
If I add him back and refresh security he remains in the group.
As soon as he logs into TM1, he disappears from the group.
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: User Being Removed From Security Group in TM1

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Peter

The fact that the security is resetting itself at login almost certainly means that it is something to do with CAM since that is the point at which CAM will copy Group membership from the security store, typically Windows Active Directory, in to TM1 Security Groups.

If you open up }ClientGroups, I suggest that you turn off the }TM1_DefaultDisplayValue Alias so that you can see the underlying CAMID of both the user and the group. The problem is more likely to be on the user/client side since presumably there is only one user that is losing his access?

I would check this against the IDs in Active Directory to make sure that they are the same. I have seen issues where more than one ID can be setup for the same user which can cause issues. I have also seen issues where more than one namespace or domain have been used which again can cause issues.

I would also check that there is no rule on the cube that might be interfering with settings.

Regards

Paul SImon