TM1 Rest API

HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

TM1 Rest API

Post by HighKeys »

Hello my friends,

i'm struggle with the Rest API from TM1, i enabled the API at the Server and added the calls to our Proxy whitelist.

Now i can recive the Metadata call, everything fine, but when i try to use the Cam Auth i just get the "401" error.

We are using TM1 with our ActiveDirectory and SSO Enabled (all done before i entered the Company) and i'm really not sure if they did that correctly, at the server in Cognos Configuration, i just can find "cognos" as Authentification, should there not be our AD also?

When i ask the server Who I am it says "ApacheDS/Lastname Forename_CAMID(_ApacheDS_u_cn=s companyname, ou=users_)"

I'm using postman with the tm1 postman collection to test my calls, i did encode the user:password:namespace with https://www.base64encode.org/.

So my Namespace should be "ApacheDS" right?

My User is everything behind the "/" and my password is my normal password or?

Anybody has an idea whats wrong here?

Thanks for your help!
BR
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Re: TM1 Rest API

Post by kangkc »

Make sure you are using NameSpace ID and not NameSpace Name.
check the Cognos Connection to confirm. ID and Name can be different.
HighKeys

Post by HighKeys »

Hi kangkc,

thanks for your hint!

I think thats the issue, when i check the Cognos Configuration there is no Authentification mode für our ApacheDS...

Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 2814 times
so i think they missed up few things when they added the SSO via ApacheDS, i will try to add these, anybody knows if i have to keep an eye of something specific?

Or can i just add these correctly without damageing our SSO?

THanks!
HighKeys

Post by HighKeys »

Hello Friends!

some time ago, but the IT is not the fastest here in our company :lol:

I now configurated the ApacheDS from us with TM1 and the CAM Auth works for the Admin User.

But if i try it with my own user i got the same 401 error, but there is a lil difference in the structure, let me explan

Admin User:

Is like

dc=example, dc=com,ou=users then the uID is simple Admin

My own user is like

dc=example, dc=com,ou=users, ou=WFM&Planning,cn=Lastname Firstname (my uid is with a domain like domain\username)

i configurated my base dn as " dc=example, dc=com,ou=users " cause then the groups for users starts and its different.

I tried to use my cn name and my uID with Domain but got the 401, with the Admin it works fine, someone have a hint for me? :)

THanks for your great support here, this forum is better then every offical IBM Source :)
HighKeys

Post by HighKeys »

Hello,

still stucking in this case, when i call the BI Gateway i can chop the CAMPassport out of the cookie an authent via the Passport to my correct user, but i stilll cannot auth per Namespace.

I really searching hard in the internet, but i cant find anything...

As i wrote above my Namespaceuser looks like this:

"ApacheDS/Lastname Forename_CAMID(_ApacheDS_u_cn=s companyname, ou=users_)"

I tried it with the uID, uID without Domain, Lastname, Forename, CN from LDAP, and dont know what to do now.

We using SSO with BI Gateway and SecurityTyp 5.

I know i posted many questions about this, but its really hard for me to find a Solution.

Thank you all and have a nice weekend.