PAx Issue

Peter Picazio
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

PAx Issue

Post by Peter Picazio »

We are using Planning Analytics for Excel version 2.0
This morning when I opened a file I that has connection to TM1, i got #VALUE! in the data cell containing the DBRW formula. I traced it back to the the cell which is pulling a pulling a value (ie, member selection) from TM1. The value in that cell is "RECALC_0_2". When I double click in the cell, the set editor opens and i can see the member selection in the Current Set.

Why am i getting the RECALC value?

Screen shots attached.

Note: When I open the same file in Perspectives, there is no issue. Also, other users are not experiencing this issue.
Attachments
PAx Issue.xlsx
(148.47 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: PAx Issue

Post by ascheevel »

Did you connect to your TM1 environment via PAX or only open the file? If you connected, what happens when you click the Refresh Sheet or Refresh Book option in the PAX toolbar and not just hitting F9 on your keyboard like you would in Perspectives.
a1m80t
Version: 9.1 to 10.2.2
Excel Version: Office 2010

Post by a1m80t »

I noticed that on custom and dynamic reports, excel circular references from any open workbook will break refreshes.
Peter Picazio
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel version 2013

Post by Peter Picazio »

I tried opening Excel and connecting to PAx before opening the file. I always use the Refresh Sheet/book option from the IBM Planning Analytics ribbon, not the F9 key. Still getting the same error.
jorelb
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics Cloud
Version: 2.0.9 IF (2)
Excel Version: 2016

Post by jorelb »

Instead of F9 try [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Alt]+[F9]
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

a1m80t wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:38 pm I noticed that on custom and dynamic reports, excel circular references from any open workbook will break refreshes.
This jogged my memory. A few months ago, I had a user with the same issue Peter describes and it was circular reference. A circular reference interrupts the calc operation in excel which I believe is why the cells stay in recalc state. Below is a link with details on how to find circular references.

https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 49cd50d123