ExecuteProcess not working

lynnsong986
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

ExecuteProcess not working

Post by lynnsong986 »

Hello,

I'm trying to export a bunch of CSV reports involving one TI process running another. The TI being called does work - I tested it on its own, but the calling procedure doesn't - no report is saved in the folder I assigned.

TI 1 calls TI 2

TI1 data source is a CSV file with 2 columns, first column has a list of names (these are the people who will receive a report and the reports will be named as lyn.CSV; Tom.CSV; Mike.CSV...), column 2 has years as string like 2019, 2020, 2021...(these are consolidated elements in the "SM_Financial_Time" dimension.
Name Year
lyn 2018
Tom 2019
mike 2020

the only code I have in TI1 is under data:
ExecuteProcess('SampleExport', 'pExportName', Name, 'pName', Name, 'pYear', Yr);

TI 2 (SampleExport) is the TI being called.
I have the sections of codes attached.

The view did get updated with subsets "lyn", "Tom", "mike" created in the SM_Financial_Time dimension.

Can someone please help me understand why the CSV files aren't generating? the log says
"Lyn", "2018", Data Source line (2) error: Data procedure line (5): erros occured during execution of process "SampleExport"

thanks!
Attachments
Data.PNG
Data.PNG (16.73 KiB) Viewed 3533 times
Prolog.PNG
Prolog.PNG (20.31 KiB) Viewed 3533 times
Para.PNG
Para.PNG (12.04 KiB) Viewed 3533 times
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: ExecuteProcess not working

Post by ascheevel »

Did the execution of SampleExport when called by your 1st TI generate a separate log file of the errors it encountered?
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Hi,

Your data source is a cube view and if this includes consolidations, you will need to ensure it doesn't skip consolidated values.

see ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet

Maren
lynnsong986

Post by lynnsong986 »

Did the execution of SampleExport when called by your 1st TI generate a separate log file of the errors it encountered?
No I don't think so, it actually worked when I only have a list of names in the CSV name, it generated the CSV reports in the path with the names. but it didn't generate any file after I played around and added the Yr in the CSV.
Your data source is a cube view and if this includes consolidations, you will need to ensure it doesn't skip consolidated values.
I have the skip consolidated unchecked, the problem is that no file is exported at all...

thanks both for your help!
lynnsong986

Post by lynnsong986 »

Here is the error messages...
Attachments
log.PNG
log.PNG (12.9 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

lynnsong986 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:34 pm Here is the error messages...
You're in the process error messages for your calling process. In the server log, you should see individual ERROR entries for each of those process calls, you can then double-click on one of those to see the details. Alternatively, you can navigate to the folder where your log files are, sort by date modified, and look for any files with your 2nd TI process name in the file name. The process error log file will look something like "TM1ProcessError_20191106....SampleExport.log".

You mentioned in a different thread that there is a "tm1 mastermind" at your company. Have you checked with them? They may be able to provide faster/better help.
lynnsong986

Post by lynnsong986 »

The problem is that we work at different work stations and he's super busy...I'll try to find the log files and go from there. Thanks so much!