kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

Custom SSL cert for Tm1 web

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question on which files to import into the IKeyMan tool after the CSR request been made under the Personal Certificate.

Because customer is having below files. Certificate is about to expire and have to change it to work for TM1Web.

.key, pkcs#7 certificates, .pem file, .pfx file and Security Certificates like cachain,digicert_root, fullchain, intermediate

I am struck at this point, as this is the first time I am doing this certificate update.

Anybody have already come across, kindly give me an idea to proceed further.
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Custom SSL cert for Tm1 web

Post by Elessar »

Hi,

What version are you on?

I've configured this about 2 years ago using this link: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/use-i ... tes-tm1web

If I understand you right, you have done the 3rd step now and should proceed to 4th:
4 - The certificate request file must be provided to the signing certificate authority (CA). The CA will provide one or more files containing the signed encryption certificate and all required CA certificates in the chain.

If you want a self-signed certificate, you should select "«Submit a certificate request using a base-64-encoded CMC or PKCS #10 file or submit a renewal…»", and then download both certificate and certificate chain.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Yes, exactly. Good catch @Elessar

TM1 Version - 2.0.7

I have also referred the same link. Of course in step 4, dont have any idea of how to proceed. Do I really need to submit to CA? Because client has 3rd party Certificates and files as below:

.pfx file - Personal Information Exchange
xxx_cachain - Security Certificate
xxx_fullchain - Personal Information Exchange
xxx_digicert_root_g2_base64 - Security Certificate
xxx_intermediate_base64 - Security Certificate
xxx.pem file
xxx.key file

So my understanding is skipping the step 4 and import the keys. Should I import first file .pfx which in turn load all the cert + keys?? But dont know which file to import. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
Elessar
Community Contributor

Post by Elessar »

The certificate should be issued to the name of the server running TM1Web, so that it will contain "issued to: www.yourTM1.xxx" (like here, for "www.tm1forum.com" name). So yes, you need to provide the cert. request to CA
tm1forum SSL.png
tm1forum SSL.png (13.99 KiB) Viewed 13060 times

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Thanks for your reply Elessar.

In my case 3rd Party Company has already Issued the Certificate for 'TM1Web'.

I can skip the CSR request to CA. Because, currently I have the issued certificate which are .pfx file and related Certs + Key + root files. I have to replace the old Certificate with new Certificate in CAMKEYSTORE.

I have referenced the below link. Using iKeyMann tool, added the .pfx under Personal Certificate and labeled as 'encryption'. Added supporting root certs and keys under the signer certificate.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... 12860_.htm

Now, tm1web utilizing the new SSL certificate and working fine.
Elessar
Community Contributor

Post by Elessar »

Thank you kavitha2002 :)
This is really rare when the topic starter returns with solution description.