- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 pm
- OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
- Version: 2.0
- Excel Version: 2016
PavoGa wrote: ↑Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:00 pm
Since RunProcess operates by opening a separate thread, it has no connection to the Session or Global variables declared in the master process.
Thank you kindly for this confirmation of my suspicions! I will do further research into how exactly global variables operate, to avoid being surprised by such events in the future.
For now, I have created a small cube where I write these session variables instead of declaring them as global, and that seems to be a good workaround for me.
- Community Contributor
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm
- OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
- Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
- Excel Version: 2013 2016
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
I use synchronized function for the same requirement.
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:59 pm
- OLAP Product: TM1
- Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA188.8.131.52
- Excel Version: 2013 PAW
- Location: Cleveland, Tennessee
mce wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:00 pm
I use synchronized
function for the same requirement.
I use SYNCHRONIZED
a lot as well, but how does it stop the message "Process Finished" from the master process?