What should I do now?

habibullah.sayyed
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: v10.x
Excel Version: excel 2016

What should I do now?

Post by habibullah.sayyed »

Hello everyone,
We got a new project of TM1, here we are re-developing the model because they are already using TM1 since 4-5 years.
So we have 2 servers here:-
1) Development server
2) Production server

Challenge 1) We have copied production server's data files and created a another server i.e., Development server, now both the server data is similar.
So we started validating each cube by taking snapshots, now here we got challenge, few of the cube got validated but few are not getting validated, there is difference in elements of both the server's snapshot. So what may be the reason. And remember there is no difference between the data and server.
Challenge 2) Another challenge is about feeders, let me explain in detail, as we are validating every major cube, so we are taking snapshots with 'suppress zero' and the feeder's value are not coming in snapshots, and if we remove 'suppress zero' then the TM1 is getting out of memory and it is taking lots of time and it crosses the Excel limit also.

Everyone's advice and comments are always welcome on this.

Thanking You.
Regards,
Habib Sayyed
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: What should I do now?

Post by tomok »

Sounds suspiciously to me like you didn't perform a SaveData, to flush all the in memory values to disk, before copying the files from Prod to Dev OR you copied into a folder on DEV that was not empty beforehand. I can think of no other reason why they wouldn't match.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/