adding button to pax sheet and publish in paw

manu0521
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

adding button to pax sheet and publish in paw

Post by manu0521 »

Hi ,
I have an excel uploaded where user can enter some information about lease and I have a button which runs a ti , which in turn stores the results.

For now there are few validations done in excel using excel functions ,but i dont have an option to enable or disable a button based on the user entry .

So I am sending all the values to the TI and checking there and I do a process quit if there is some issues with parameters ,but I dont have an ability to send back the custom error message and tell what was the mistake , There is only an option to specify a static message on the error . In the process option there is show failure message which is static .

Is there any way to show the errror based on user entry .

Thanks,
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: adding button to pax sheet and publish in paw

Post by Wim Gielis »

The messages can be customized by using for example: =M1
whereby cell M1 contains the error message. That could come from a DBR formula or similar solution.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
manu0521

Post by manu0521 »

Can you please elaborate on this .

So on the process option for failure instead of static text , you would reference a cell like M5 .

And then this M5 would read value from a look up cube ,where the error is written via ti ?

How or when do we clear this once a error is written
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

manu0521 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:28 pm So on the process option for failure instead of static text , you would reference a cell like M5 .
Yes.
And then this M5 would read value from a look up cube ,where the error is written via ti ?
Yes
How or when do we clear this once a error is written
In the same TI prolog you clear the value in the lookup cube before anything else is done.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
manu0521

Post by manu0521 »

Also one omre question in perspectives i am able to edit the action button properties by right clicking the button and properties .But in PAX once I add the button ,I am not able to edit to change any settings. I checked in design mode and also right clicking not giving the same option
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

manu0521 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 pm Also one omre question in perspectives i am able to edit the action button properties by right clicking the button and properties .But in PAX once I add the button ,I am not able to edit to change any settings. I checked in design mode and also right clicking not giving the same option
Action buttons created in Perspectives are not compatible with PAX. You either need to create the button in PAX or run the Perspectives to PAX conversion. Read the docs for PAX.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

manu0521 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 pm Also one omre question in perspectives i am able to edit the action button properties by right clicking the button and properties .But in PAX once I add the button ,I am not able to edit to change any settings. I checked in design mode and also right clicking not giving the same option
For buttons that are created in PAX; if you want to change them after the fact you will find that the pane on the right (this can be moved but I think it’s right by default) that has your cubes etc in it has a couple of options at the top - if you swap it off the standard view it will give you a list of buttons that are on the page and you can edit their settings through that.

Edit - looked up the proper names - it’s the “task pane” and you want to flip it to the “workbook view”.
Declan Rodger
manu0521

Post by manu0521 »

Thanks , i found it int eh right pane under Workbook and I can edit it .