Active Form Auto-Rebuild

tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Active Form Auto-Rebuild

Post by tomok »

I know I should know the answer to this but is there a setting somewhere that will cause an Active Form to rebuild automatically whenever a new value is selected from a SUBNM formula in TM1web?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Active Form Auto-Rebuild

Post by Alan Kirk »

tomok wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 pm I know I should know the answer to this but is there a setting somewhere that will cause an Active Form to rebuild automatically whenever a new value is selected from a SUBNM formula in TM1web?
Interestingly I can't find a way to make that NOT happen in PA2. I know that in older versions I did sometimes have issues when the active form was constructed while manual calculation was on in Excel (which is understandable since Old Skook Web launched its own Excel sessions for rendering), but in 2.0.6 that doesn't seem to make a difference in Web. Regardless of the calculation state of the source web sheet at the time of upload, the Active Form cheerfully refreshes itself as soon as a title SubNm is changed. I even tried setting the second argument of the TM1RptView function to 0 instead of 1 and reuploading. That made a difference in Excel (where you need to rebuild manually), but not in Web (where you didn't, regardless of that value).

Most of the time when I have update issues in Web (since going to 2.0.6) it's some obscure problem with either the arguments to the Tm1RptView or TM1RptRow functions. (Or, in a multi-form report, the DBRW formulas are pointing to the wrong TM1RptView function. For some reason that still works in Excel but chokes in Web.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.