PA Workspace Conditional Formatting Leaf level

mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

PA Workspace Conditional Formatting Leaf level

Post by mnasra »

Hi Experts,

Do you have a trick how to do conditionnal formatting in Workspace, but only to the leaf levels.
I have a view with number of hours per employee and the employees are grouped by department, and VP etc.
I want to implement a conditional formatting at the employee level (and not department or higher).

right now, it gives me red for all employees of a department (because they have less than 40hours), but at the department level, it gives me green (which is not what I want obviously).
thank you
Thanks
Micheline
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: PA Workspace Conditional Formatting Leaf level

Post by declanr »

Some people on here may be horrified by the thought of this but I have been able to apply pretty much any formatting I want by adding additional measure elements to the cube and applying rules to those elements - in this case I would make it 0 if either the condition is achieved or it’s not n-level. You don’t need to feed the rule.
Add it to your view in workspace as it need to be part of your view to be able to apply conditions based on it to another measure, but right-click and hide the element.

This way of working allows you to get more creative as you obviously aren’t limited to 1 or 0 as the result of your rule.
Declan Rodger
mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

Re: PA Workspace Conditional Formatting Leaf level

Post by mnasra »

I am not horrified. I am impressed.
It works for me.

thank you Rodger,
Thanks
Micheline