MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Go to another worksheet Match title elements

Post by MarenC »

Hi experts,

I am puzzled by an active form I am looking at.

There is a process on the active form which goes to another worksheet, the target worksheet is in the same workbook as the source worksheet.

The process uses Match Title Elements and when I look at the Advanced options I can see that it says Source Type is Value and Target Type is Range.
However the Source and Target object are blank.

On the target worksheet there is a Subnm as follow:

Code: Select all

=SUBNM("Server:Cost Centre Dim","","","Description")
On TM1web if I select for example cost centre X001 on the Source sheet (which is itself a Subnm and the same as the one above for the target sheet) and I use the process to go to the target sheet the Cost centre gets populated, so it seems the act of going to the worksheet somehow updates the Subnm on the target sheet.

The puzzle for me is how does it do this? Is it because match title elements somehow reads the subnms on the source sheet and applies them to the target sheet? edit: I have read the IBM guide on this which I know does say it matches the elements, I was just hoping for some information as to how exactly it does it, and are there any restrictions etc

The other puzzle and the real issue is if I snapshot this to excel from the web then the target worksheets cost code is blank and the cost centre value is not being populated? So for example X001 is on the source sheet but not on the target sheet, which as I have said is blank.

Hope the above makes sense

thanks, Maren
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Go to another worksheet Match title elements

Post by tomok »

MarenC wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:57 pm The puzzle for me is how does it do this? Is it because match title elements somehow reads the subnms on the source sheet and applies them to the target sheet? edit: I have read the IBM guide on this which I know does say it matches the elements, I was just hoping for some information as to how exactly it does it, and are there any restrictions etc
Unless someone here works/worked for IBM and helped write the engine I doubt anyone is going to know the answer to that one. Just know that it will match SUBNM selections between worksheets if you have "Match Title Elements" selected. I am not aware of any limitations except, of course, a SUBNM formula for each dimension you want matched must exist on both worksheets.

Also, FWIW, this can't be done by a "process". I think you mean an Action Button.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Go to another worksheet Match title elements

Post by MarenC »

Many thanks for the reply and yes I did mean Action Button!