Loading metdata changes via MDS to TM1

Nidhik
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.37
Excel Version: 365

Loading metdata changes via MDS to TM1

Post by Nidhik »

Hi, Our business uses MDS to update three Center dimensions used in TM1. We have several hierarchy center dimension changes that I wanted to find out if there is an automated way to update in MDS rather than manual one at a time like adding base level centers and nodes. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nidhi
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Loading metdata changes via MDS to TM1

Post by tomok »

Nidhik wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:34 pm Hi, Our business uses MDS to update three Center dimensions used in TM1. We have several hierarchy center dimension changes that I wanted to find out if there is an automated way to update in MDS rather than manual one at a time like adding base level centers and nodes. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nidhi
Yes, there is a tool for that in TM1. It's called Turbointegrator. You can write a TI process that reads from the MDS tables and updates the dimension(s) in question. I suggest you read the TI manual to gain an understanding of how to write a process that will update a dimension and it's hierarchies.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Nidhik

Post by Nidhik »

Thankyou. We have TI process to integrate between MDS and TM1 already in place. My question was more for MDS- when we have mass "Center" dimension changes- new adds, movements, new rollups, is there an automated way to load in MDS instead of manually updating each change?
Bakkone
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

Yes, if its Microsoft MDS you are talking about its all in the manual:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ma ... erver-2017

Which method to use will depend totally upon your architecture in your DW. You can probably find a guide on some SQL forum. But basically you want to to a bulk load into the entity staging tables. Your DBA will know how to fix it.
Nidhik

Post by Nidhik »

Thankyou.