Any risk to copy Cell Annotation values ?

BobMilli
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Any risk to copy Cell Annotation values ?

Post by BobMilli »

Hi,
We've got a business need which is to initialize Cell Annotation from a Budget phase to another and we were planning to script a TI process which will go through all the }CellAnnotations* cubes a do a basic copy (CellPutS) and we were wondering if there was any kind of risk as in the comment you find :
  • the cell location
    a kind of uniqueID
Thanks for your help !
Regards,
Bob
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Any risk to copy Cell Annotation values ?

Post by Drg »

from experience I will say that CELLPUTS uses the Trim function for Value, so if your comments start / end with separator characters, then there is a big chance to get something that you did not expect.
Otherwise, this is a regular cube with strings.
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Any risk to copy Cell Annotation values ?

Post by Paul Segal »

So, just to hijack this thread for a moment, I'm trying to figure out a way of making comment practical.. As an example, I have a cube with exchange rates, among other dimensions, and users can put a comment (annotation, would be nice if IBM could make up their mind) against any of the exchange rate elements. In practice, this comment should be against all the exchange rate elements as the rate isn't the significant thing. Problem is the user could comment against any of them, so I think this rules out a rule, but then a TI will need to be fired somehow. Am I making this more complicated than it is, or has anyone else tried to solve this problem?
Paul